shape
carat
color
clarity

Scaling down to size

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrfourpointo

Rough_Rock
I''ve been talking with WF and I am kind of worried about having a ring sized down to fit my girlfriends hand. It is not just the size of the band, but it does have to be quite a bit smaller due to her little hands. She is really worried about it looking to big or getting banged around etc. They seem to be a little concerned about a split shank being scaled down that small, she wears a 4.25, and it making the center stone look bad. Does this sound normail and/or has anybody run into a simmilar situation? Just wondering if somebody has seen a ring made much smaller and it still have the same effect.
33.gif

-Sorry, I meant to post this to RockyTalky where it would be a little more appropriate, but I don''t how to move it-

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Do you have a picture of the ring to post? I think it would all depend on the way the ring is made. I have a few rings that I really can''t have sized down, because they have detail on the shank that would be destroyed if they were scaled down. Sometimes there are certain styles of rings that just don''t work with smaller hands because of the way they are put together.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am not an expert or familiar with WF. I am only a girl with a 4.5 ring size so I can relate. My ring is a Tacori so they are custom made so they can do anything. I think that if they make the ring the correct size from the begining you should be fine. I think if you buy a 7 there is no way that they could size it down that much without damaging the ring. There are some jewelers on here that should be able to give you better advice though!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results