shape
carat
color
clarity

Say yes to the dress

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
So is everyone excited for the new TLC show "Say yes to the dress" that''s on tonight? FI is already zonked out on the couch, so I will definitely be watching!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m DVRing it in case I can''t watch it later. One of the local Boston morning radio shows has a guy on it whose mom works at Kleinfeld''s. They talk about it occasionally and she was mentioned on the radio this morning. I''ll tune in and check it out.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
I''m getting ready to watch it now!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Me too, can''t wait, I am a sucker for these shows!!
3.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just saw it; someone bugged me on the show. The other girls were cute!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t watched any wedding shows since my own wedding, but caught this one while channel surfing and decided to watch it. I thought of Jas12 when that last bride decided on the MS Dora.

chinglish

Rough_Rock
Thanks for reminding me to see the show. Wow wish there was a Kleinfields here!
Ahhh when they said Dora, I perked up!
They didn't go in for a close up - wish they did.. I think I"m leaning toward Dora !

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/12/2007 11:38:31 PM
Author: chinglish
Thanks for reminding me to see the show. Wow wish there was a Kleinfields here!
Ahhh when they said Dora, I perked up!
They didn''t go in for a close up - wish they did.. I think I''m leaning toward Dora !
Me too! FI and I were watching and I go "Look, look the Melissa Sweet Dora!!" Naturally he didn''t understand my excitement. He asked if every girl starts dancing when they find THE DRESS. I know I did..

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I watched it. I don''t usually watch this kind of show, but I decided to take a break from the crazy midterm time and be a girly bride-to-be for once.

I liked the dresses. There are so many of them! It''s like bridal heaven... But $1.5k+ is way out of my league, and there doesn''t seem to be any colour! The brides seemed pretty nice and laid back. One of them annoyed me slightly, but one can''t like everyone.

But...
The maidzilla - I would have kicked her! "What we want her to wear"?! Who''s wearing the dress? That''s right, the bride is. Sheesh.
The $11K Kenneth Pool dress - Is it me, or it didn''t look like it''s worth 11k? I''d take Robbie''s stunning under $1k Maggie dress over that one any day! And two more dresses?! How can you justify spending what must have been close to $20k on dresses?
The rookie consultant - She screwed up. Why couldn''t she just admit it?

It was kind of fun to watch!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Overall, I enjoyed watching the show a lot! It was fun to see what a wide range of brides ends up shopping at Kleinfelds! It did make me wish I had gone to at least one high-end boutique to check out all different kinds of dresses, but I think even their cheapest dresses there were out of my price range! I also agree that the Kenneth Pool dress did NOT look worth 11K, and couldn''t believe how much she was spending on 3 dresses. I think even if I had the money, I could think of much better ways to spend it than on 3 dresses. As for the rookie...she did totally screw up, but the manager didn''t seem to be much better at taking over the situation. The bride didn''t like ANY of the dresses the manager pulled either! And finally, I am oh so glad none of my friends are maidzillas. Yes, opinions are nice, when they are asked for!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2007 2:46:01 PM
Author: anchor31
I watched it. I don''t usually watch this kind of show, but I decided to take a break from the crazy midterm time and be a girly bride-to-be for once.

I liked the dresses. There are so many of them! It''s like bridal heaven... But $1.5k+ is way out of my league, and there doesn''t seem to be any colour! The brides seemed pretty nice and laid back. One of them annoyed me slightly, but one can''t like everyone.

But...

The maidzilla - I would have kicked her! ''What we want her to wear''?! Who''s wearing the dress? That''s right, the bride is. Sheesh.

The $11K Kenneth Pool dress - Is it me, or it didn''t look like it''s worth 11k? I''d take Robbie''s stunning under $1k Maggie dress over that one any day! And two more dresses?! How can you justify spending what must have been close to $20k on dresses?

The rookie consultant - She screwed up. Why couldn''t she just admit it?

It was kind of fun to watch!
WORD on the maidzilla. I would have kicked her kaboose to the curb. How utterly obnoxious she was. Wasn''t that the group where the mom said "hey, who''s paying for this anyway?!?" I liked that part a LOT!

WORDY MCWORD on that Kenneth Poo dress. That? Was awful. Like an entire design team threw up designs all over one dress. It was tacky, and screamed "LOOK AT ME NOW!" but then again that bride fit that profile so go figure. And that after party gown? Yeah right. *whine*I NEED a more comfortable dress for the after party *whine* Um, bridezilla? If you want something more comfy you might not want to squeeze your ample frame into a mermaidy sheath. Hey, I''m just say''in...
38.gif

And the rookie sales woman? Lame. Dont diss your boss to the clients. That''s awful. I''d be surprised is she''s still working there after that aired. How stupid does one have to be to diss their new boss on national television? Duh.

I''ll still watch this show, but the people bug me. I thought the brides were annoying and I only really liked most of the salespeople. It''s more interesting to me to hear what it''s like behind the scenes of a place like Kleinfeld''s since I grew up hearing about them all the time. I think most people I know from where I grew up got their gowns there so from that perspective it''s interesting. I AM a bit surprised that they dont do a phone consult before the bride gets there though. You''d think that they''d at least try to get an idea of what shapes the bride likes so they can get them into a dress immediately upon arrival. I think that''s what Mon Ami does out here in CA.

Wow, after re reading this post, I have way too many thoughts on this show. I better get another hobby now too!

SuLi

Shiny_Rock
Loved the show...caught it on the repeat airing Friday night...really late.

That "maidzilla"...jeez! Can you imagine what she''ll be like when she gets married?!?!?

I''ve been thinking about making an appointment at Kleinfield for a while now, but I think I''m going to hold off. I would imagine that the business there had picked up some more with the airing of this show.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I also have to say one comment from an consultant bugged me... "If you don''t find it here, good luck." Okay, they have over a thousand dresses, but they don''t have everything... Between my posting here and my semi-lurking on Canadian Bride, I''ve noticed that Maggie Sottero is by far the most popular dress designer in Canada and the US, followed by Alfred Angelo. Now Kleinfelds doesn''t have those designers, along with others like Mori Lee and Bonny, who all offer brides quality dresses that don''t cost a fortune, as well as dresses with colour (solid, inserts or accents). So no, I wouldn''t say they have something for every bride.

Ah well, it''s still fun to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results