shape
carat
color
clarity

Saw Tommy Lee Jones yesterday!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I was in Marfa Texas. Way out in west Texas! I was in a tiny coffee shop when he and some other people walked in. He was dressed in his costume, a sheriff''s uniform, for the filming of No Country for Old Men. He was so nice. I think Josh Brolin was the other guy hanging with him, but I''m not sure. Who ever this other guy was, he was a hunk!! Tommy sat next to me and said g''morning. I tried to act cool and not like a star struck idiot. Later that morning, on the highway leaving Marfa, we were detained on the roadside for a while while they were filming a chase scene. Cool!

We were on the return end of a trip to Big Bend. I kept looking at the brown dirt out there and thinking, there has to be some sparklies out here somewhere!! Alas, nothing. But the area is awsome. The picture is a cut that the Rio Grande river formed many many years ago. There is a trail that winds up from the river bed, up the cliff and through that cut in the rock. So incredible to experience nature this way.

RioGrandeTrailhead.JPG

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Cool Ann! Isn't Tommy Lee from Texas? I'm from New Mexico so I appreciate the scenery.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Oooooh, lucky you, Ann! I LOOOVE Tommy Lee!
30.gif

Yeah, he''s a country boy from Texas, and graduated with honors from Harvard. What kind dream combo is that?
9.gif

widget

zdrastvootya

Shiny_Rock
Saw TLJ come out the side door of the hotel next to my condo during last Toronto Film Fest. He''s bigger than I would have thought. Seemed pretty friendly - waved, posed for a few pics before the limo took him away.

Z.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
TLJ grew up in San Saba, Texas. Had a fairly tough childhood.

I have always like the guy, he just seems so normal. I know he is into polo ponies in a big way, I think has a ranch outside of San Antonio, TX. And also another ranch close to Marfa.

Marfa is becoming a mini-Austin. Art Galleries abound, but not traditional art. Most newcomers there are up and hip. Leaves me out!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results