shape
carat
color
clarity

Saving??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BrilliantNikki

Rough_Rock
So yesterday BF and I went to a local art museum; one of the displays there was showcasing beautiful 18th and 19th century jewelry. Of course I was immediately drawn to the cabinet and was drooling over the gorgeous rings on display. BF comes over and I point to a HUGE multi diamond ring (I mean the thing would cover up to the first knuckle and over lap onto the pinky and middle fingers!) and teasingly tell him that this is what he should be looking for
2.gif
you know... if he was thinking about popping the question.

BF answers without hesitation with "Well then, I guess its a good think I''ve been saving up" and then of course quickly changes the subject to cover the accidental slip up!

6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif

I am so excited! I have had previous discussions with BF about getting engaged/married and it always ends on a good note, but with me left waiting and without any time line clues. So I still have no idea when it might come (BF is BIG on wanting the whole thing to be a surprise) but I am ECSTATIC that he is at least being a little more active about the whole thing!

This is exactly what I needed!
1.gif
Anyway, I just needed to tell someone. Any you guys are my perfect someones!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting!

I love little slip-ups like that....it''s refreshing to hear as a LIW!
36.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
Yay for BF''s that are excited and saving! How much was the antique ring? Any chance he could actually get something like that? Does he know what styles of rings you like?

Yay for you two!
21.gif

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! Sounds like purchasing a sparkly is definitely on his mind!
36.gif

BrilliantNikki

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/10/2008 12:23:50 PM
Author: trillionaire
36.gif
Yay for BF's that are excited and saving! How much was the antique ring? Any chance he could actually get something like that? Does he know what styles of rings you like?

Yay for you two!
21.gif

Well, the ring that commented on is in a museum - so probably not for sale.
2.gif
But it looked something like this....

but without the pointy things on the top and bottom and much much larger around... Very pretty.. but for someone else, not my style at all. I pointed to that ring in particular because it surely WAY out of any price range we could afford and just to tease him and remind him that:

"here I am ... still waiting!!"
35.gif

Though you bring up an interesting point... I am hoping that he doesn't think that I really want a ring that extravagant. Whenever I bring up the subject he shooshes me because - as I mentioned earlier - he is big on the whole thing being a surprise.

I've not figured out a good way to really tell him what I want without offending his desire to surprise me. Please let me know if you have any good ideas on that one!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Oh, so exciting!!! Congratulations

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
That just makes your day to hear little "slips" like that huh?!? It almost puts a permanent smile on your face the rest of the day!
Congrats!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Thats good news for sure!
36.gif

ComeFlywMe

Rough_Rock
style="WIDTH: 94.66%; HEIGHT: 158px">Date: 8/10/2008 6:07:13 PM
Author: BrilliantNikki

Date: 8/10/2008 12:23:50 PM
Author: trillionaire
36.gif
Yay for BF''s that are excited and saving! How much was the antique ring? Any chance he could actually get something like that? Does he know what styles of rings you like?

Yay for you two!
21.gif

Well, the ring that commented on is in a museum - so probably not for sale.
2.gif
But it looked something like this....

but without the pointy things on the top and bottom and much much larger around... Very pretty.. but for someone else, not my style at all. I pointed to that ring in particular because it surely WAY out of any price range we could afford and just to tease him and remind him that:

''here I am ... still waiting!!''
35.gif

Though you bring up an interesting point... I am hoping that he doesn''t think that I really want a ring that extravagant. Whenever I bring up the subject he shooshes me because - as I mentioned earlier - he is big on the whole thing being a surprise.

I''ve not figured out a good way to really tell him what I want without offending his desire to surprise me. Please let me know if you have any good ideas on that one!

In order to leave hints without offending, maybe leave a ring that you like up on a computer screen. That way, even if he doesn''t think about it in depth, he''ll at least have a picture to base your ring off of. Or you could point out rings in a magazine if you''re both browsing them together. Good luck!

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Hmm... thoughtful boyfriend... nice sign! *thumbs up*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results