shape
carat
color
clarity

Save the date advice

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
I decided to go with a non-photo save the date, and my printer has a really nice "semi-letterpress" option: only the top detail is letterpressed, while the rest is printed with regular ink on 100% cotton paper. Since the layout and the top design element is predetermined, I figured it would be easy to DIY the fonts and put together the layout... Boy was I wrong! I've finally been able to put together an option that I am happy with, however I'd love to hear any feedback - at this point I've been staring at it for so long, and have tweaked things so many times that I don't quite trust myself anymore.

The 5x7 save the date is on the left, and on the right is a 3x3 magnet (next step will be figuring out how to attach the two to each other, but that's a whole different brainstorming session...). In all honesty I wasn't initially going to do the magnet, but I couldn't find a way to add our website link to the main card that would look decent, so I figured it would be easier to have it on a separate item.

savethedate.jpg

And this is the color of the letterpress ink on the left. I was initially planning on going with the orange pennant layout, but printed out a mockup and didn't really like it as much as I thought I would.
710x474__1_.jpg

In any case, I'd be grateful for any critique I can get!

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
It just occurred to me that the main font was left over from the pennant layout (I was going with an informal vibe), so here's another option with a sans serif font instead. I still want this to look informal enough for people to not mistake it for an invitation though! savethedategeosans.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the font in the first one you posted! It just adds an extra special feel to it!

Oh... only my grandparents mistook the STD as an invitation. Everyone else did fine!

What is the color you're using?

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, TooPatient!
The color is called platinum, and it's the light gray that you can see on the bottom card in the product image.

Can't wait to get the Save the Dates out - I really want to get it done before the end of November, so they don't get lost/unnoticed in the crazy amounts of holiday mail in December.

audball

Ideal_Rock
I think they look lovely! I don't think they look like a formal invitation in any way so I doubt, like TP said, that you'll have many people mistaking them for such. I mean, they even say Save the Date on them! I think they're more common these days than they used to be too. I also think it's a great idea to try and get them out sooner than later so they don't get lost in the shuffle of holiday mail. I like both fonts, but I think the Sans Serif in the second one gives a more casual vibe that I think you're going for.

Can't wait to hear what you decide!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results