shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphires question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

emotionalbutterfly

Rough_Rock
I will be buying a diamond and blue sapphire eternity band. Does the shape of the sapphires affect the beauty (baguettes vs square vs round)? Thanks

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Butterfly,

I have attached a picture of a sapphire and diamond ring that I have which I absolutely love. It is a seven stone diamond and sapphire ring and this is not a picture of my ring, but it may as well be, it's *that* close. In my ring, the stones only go half way around, but I would think that someone could make this for you with the stones all the way around. I am very partial to the round cut, and for me that is most appealing, but if you prefer a square or baguettes cut, then that may be most beautiful for you. This is just my opinion, hope it helped! : )

I wish you well,

Bridget

sapphire and diamond band.jpg

emotionalbutterfly

Rough_Rock
I was thinking more like this so it can fit with my e-ring

3005149.jpg

emotionalbutterfly

Rough_Rock
or like this one:
http://www.billbarnes.com/product.asp?Product=7322

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The link in my other post led to examples of round and princess cut sapphires at Walter Arnstein...

These are quite fine, but there is no baguette set band on display. You may want to take a look at SNDgems for quite a few examples
1.gif
They seem to have all the more popular styles in one place.

Other two online sources for jewelry set with baguettes of colored stones would be Diamrusa (hope the catalog is better stocked than the website !) and Charles Krypell (LINK). Fine, but not specilizing in weddingbands at all.

yowahking

Shiny_Rock
You will find that baguette cuts will be fairly dull in that style setting. Rounds will be bright if diamond cut. Princess are the favored by designers in that style because they are bright but do not have the small gaps between the stones to collect lotion and dirt.
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results