shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphire ring from Lord of Gem Rings

brainpicnic

Rough_Rock
My SO and I recently bought a ring from Lord of Gem Rings on ebay. I saw them on the list on the board and they had good reviews on ebay as well. The ring was a size 6 and i am a 3.5. They said they cannot resize it and they had to make a new ring.

Does anybody have any experience with them regarding this matter? I have been communicating with them but i wanna hear from people who had experience with them as well.

Would they have used the same stone that was listed on ebay and re-set it on the new ring?

This was the one we have bought: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ceylon-Blue-SAPPHIRE-DIAMOND-1-64ct-14K-WHITE-GOLD-PAVE-Engagement-Halo-RING-/270842143437?pt=US_Fine_Rings&hash=item3f0f7322cd

Thanks in advance for the help!

imagardener2

Rough_Rock
Would they use the same stone? They should if that is the ring you purchased because the stone is described in specific carat size. But the ring photograph is probably the same photo they use for every ring like that one, not "your" ring alone. If the stone you receive is "significantly not as described" or not the same quality as the stone pictured you have a right to request a stone like the one shown. I'm sure they have dozens in stock.

I ordered from this seller and the tourmaline was very similar to the one shown. But I decided I did not like the way the ring looked on my finger and it was no trouble returning it. However I am a 6.5 and a "custom" size was not required.

You are probably just concerned about getting a nice sapphire and you will have to wait and see what you get. It will probably be lovely but if you don't think it's like the photo you'll have to talk to the seller who will probably be very responsive (was to me).

BTW I'm a beginner with gems but an expert ebayer lol. Most sellers want a spotless reputation and bend over backwards to make things right. It's the amateur sellers that cause headaches.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are stock photos so I doubt you'll get that sapphire. EVEN IF YOU DO, I wouldn't buy a coloured gemstone from LOGR. They do NOT use high quality gems in their jewellery. Typically the gemstones are highly treated AND worse still, as you can see, they haven't declared it as such. If you're ok with treated gemstones then that's fine. I have to say their non disclosure saddens me but they are most definitely not alone in doing this.

Also, they're absolutely correct to tell you that they can't size that ring down so far. The ring has a lot of melee and re-sizing that much means you lose the integrity of the setting and risk melee popping out everywhere. Typically, for a ring that has melee, resizing any more than 1 size (up or down) has a lot of risk.

Many of the LOGR settings are cast which means the metal and the diamonds are fused together in the same process - this is a lower cost method of making rings and there's nothing wrong with this process at all UNTIL you come to re-size. LOGR are not alone in making jewellery this way, the majority on the market uses this process also.

Most of the posters on here only use LOGR for their ring settings, source their own gemstones and have a local jeweller set it.

Hope that helps.

brainpicnic

Rough_Rock
Thanks for both of your replies.

I don't mind a treated stone. Initially, i was planning on purchasing a loose stone and having it set locally. But i saw this one and decided to go for it.

I asked them to take a photo of the new ring before it is shipped and they said they requested the factory to do so. They said it will ship on Tuesday, so i guess i'll have to wait and see.

txgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
I love halos, and I love sapphire rings. So, I especially love halo rings with sapphires!

But, I'm confused about something with this ring. I see three halos. The middle one has the sapphire.

What are the stones that the side halos are circling? I know the halo stones themselves are diamonds, but what are the two middle stones for the side halos?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
txgreeneyes|1357511351|3349017 said:
I love halos, and I love sapphire rings. So, I especially love halo rings with sapphires!

But, I'm confused about something with this ring. I see three halos. The middle one has the sapphire.

What are the stones that the side halos are circling? I know the halo stones themselves are diamonds, but what are the two middle stones for the side halos?

Baguette diamonds

txgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
LD --

Thanks!!

I've seen rings similiar to this one that had a two round diamonds for the side halos. So, I know they exist.

It's such a pretty ring. Hope it's everything that it's supposed to be!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
brainpicnic|1357508142|3348994 said:
Thanks for both of your replies.

I don't mind a treated stone.
Initially, i was planning on purchasing a loose stone and having it set locally. But i saw this one and decided to go for it.

I asked them to take a photo of the new ring before it is shipped and they said they requested the factory to do so. They said it will ship on Tuesday, so i guess i'll have to wait and see.

Okay, but try searching ebay for a blue sapphire, ranked price low to high. Notice you can get a highly (beryllium) treated "sapphire" for under $5. Now ask your self if you want to pay that much for just the setting, because the sapphire they send you isn't going to be worth much.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Based on the ring design (encrusted with diamond melees), they have to make a new setting for you because to resize that much risks the melees falling out. As for the centre stone used, that is a stock picture so what you receive can be significantly different. Worse yet, there is ZERO treatment mentioned. I know you wrote that you don't mind a treated sapphire but do you fully understand what that means? In looking at the setting and stone cost, about 80% of the cost is in the setting. The sapphire is very likely to be diffused (permanent and stable DYE) and worth very little. Many PSers do not buy gemstones or a completed ring from LOGR for this very reason.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results