• Three stone (change the setting)

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Other (explain below)

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

Sapphire127

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I am considering changing the setting of my 9.25x6.65 sapphire. It is currently set in a halo, but I am considering getting it changed to a three stone with two trillion cut diamonds beside the sapphire. I like yellow cold, but I think I’d change it to platinum if I reset it to look better with the trillions. It’s an engagement ring so I’m a bit concerned that the halo makes it look more like a RHR than an engagement ring. Additionally, I think the sapphire sits a bit weirdly on top of the halo instead of within the halo. I’m pretty new to this so any suggestions for the setting are greatly appreciated! 65D8748E-9525-4FAA-8657-713ACBF89190.jpeg 4240F7E9-E66D-4BBE-82D6-727B18083E60.jpeg

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it will look lovely as a 3 stone ring with side trillion cut diamonds.
if you wanted to keep a halo, I’d go for a setting like mine. I think rectangular gems look better with a similarly shaped halo. 9C41D8B6-7C46-4396-95A6-CB2E7D05DD07.jpeg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think your sapphire will look lovely in a 3 stone trillion setting. I think going with platinum is a good idea too.

ItsMainelyYou

Brilliant_Rock
You can always do a platinum head and yellow gold shank too. Have you looked at any of the halo threads yet? There are many variations available!

Sapphire127

Rough_Rock
You can always do a platinum head and yellow gold shank too. Have you looked at any of the halo threads yet? There are many variations available!

I looked when I first designed the ring. I liked this halo because it’s the same style as Princess Diana, but now I think it looks too busy!

Sapphire127

Rough_Rock
I think it will look lovely as a 3 stone ring with side trillion cut diamonds.
if you wanted to keep a halo, I’d go for a setting like mine. I think rectangular gems look better with a similarly shaped halo. 9C41D8B6-7C46-4396-95A6-CB2E7D05DD07.jpeg

This is a beautiful design! Thank you for sharing!

Sprinkles&Stones

Shiny_Rock
I agree with the 3 stone ! i really love step-cut 3 stone rings, they just have a clean look to it. Also I think platinum would be really special since the stone is so cool toned. Can't wait to see whatver you choose!

dk168

Ideal_Rock
Premium

dk168

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah that would be great, thanks!

Here you go, just a very rough 2D drawing drawn to size.

The depth of the shoulders is an estimate as I cannot see clearly from the photo in the original post.

To me personally, the narrower trap on the right looks better than the slightly wider one on the left.

Sapphire_with_Traps_for_Pricescope.JPG

Hope this helps.

DK :))

Sapphire127

Rough_Rock

The depth of the shoulders is an estimate as I cannot see clearly from the photo in the original post.

To me personally, the narrower trap on the right looks better than the slightly wider one on the left.

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much for the drawing! I love the narrower one as well. This has made my decision much more difficult. I think I’m pretty confident in moving away from the halo now!

AnastasiaBeaverhausen

Brilliant_Rock

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much for the drawing! I love the narrower one as well. This has made my decision much more difficult. I think I’m pretty confident in moving away from the halo now!

Very helpful visual! I vote for the narrower side stone too. Who knew 0.3mm would make such a difference?

Sapphire127

Rough_Rock
I’ve been looking into traps and have noticed that they can be done in a step or brilliant cut. Any advice on which would look better with my sapphire?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I looked when I first designed the ring. I liked this halo because it’s the same style as Princess Diana, but now I think it looks too busy!

I don't usually like halos....but i like yours, i don't find it too busy at all but rather quite understated for a halo (that's a compliment btw)

But the 3 stone will look lovelly anyway

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Actress Grace Kelly and Prince Rainier III of Monaco's Wedding
    Actress Grace Kelly and Prince Rainier III of Monaco's Wedding
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry
    Style File: Emma Watson
    Style File: Emma Watson

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.