shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphire inclusion

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bill has the best gemstone lab in Australia, I send things there on a fairly regular basis, other than that the next closest lab for a really great report is owned by Richard Hughes;

The sapphire is a beautiful colour and a really great cut and size, so I agree either hang onto it because it will go up in value or set it and then advertise it for sale for more that what Doug quoted you, that was a wholesale not a retail price on your stone.

Beautiful-disaster

Shiny_Rock
I picked up the report today.
Pic below.
He didn’t give me any idea of value.... he knows typically what a blue Ceylon of that size goes for but the uneven colour means he wasn’t comfortable with guess work.
Would present better in a setting colour wise and be valued for more is all he would say.
So now I am to make an appointment my local jeweller armed with the stone with report, the old setting, and all my scrap gold (for trade) to get his advice.
I know he won’t do the valuation himself but will give me his opinion happily and his best advice of where to take it to. He may offer to send it himself for valuation after he completes the piece as he did with my ER.
I will also be looking for a sapphire *expert* to get a valuation from.
Not spoilt for choice here - Diamond Valuers - no worries, but sapphire or coloured stone experts seem to be more like unicorns.

Will appraisers give an online valuation based on the report without seeing the stone in person?
Is there a particular type of valuation that is better then others?

Perhaps could anyone tell me why this Authentication Report doesn’t have a digital mapping (diagram)of the stone and it’s inclusions? - Is that something they only do for diamonds? (Sorry if this is a dumb question).

Also which sites would you suggest I use to price compare 8ct Sapphire’s?
I have been told not to use The Natural Sapphire company, but others don’t have their prices listed over 5-6cts and some sites just seem dodgy ‍♀️
Many of the suggest PS gem dealers don’t have stones of that size or don’t have their prices listed if they do.

Thanks of course for any help you may be able to offer .... and once again thanks for hanging in there with me on this painfully slow and indecisive journey.
** Lastly I would love pendant style suggestions that show the depth of the stone with still making it protected and secure (and good colour display) - ugh ok that’s a lot to ask for.
I do love the silver one and could have it remade in white gold but it hides the depth/ size of the stone.... (that may be necessary to help the colour presentation though).

94DD7F8A-F840-4075-9D43-A14850756C62.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results