shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphire engagement ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sy62

Rough_Rock

Hello,

I am in the process of buying a center stone sapphire engagement ring. I am looking for a good quality 3-4 carat cushion with a platinum band with bagettes and princess diamonds. I have shopped around in Boston without much to choose from. My next step is to head to NYC. Can anyone recommend some good sapphire dealers where I can have some broad choices?

Also, should I stick with non heat treated or does it really matter?

thanks

Sy

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
"should I stick with non heat treated or does it really matter?"...it matters as to cost, which could be as much as 50-100% more for an unheated stone, depending on origin, compared to what a heated stone might cost.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
You can buy a gorgeous heated stone--but--their value is far less. only you will know does it matter to you is the question.. walter arnstein has a HUGE and fabulous selection

sy62

Rough_Rock

Hi,

A little more information. I have a $4k budget for a really nice 3-4 carat stone..I don''t really care if heated or not just looking for square cushion and really nice color and brilliance. Is $4000 not enough money for a non heated stone of this carat size?

Sy

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You may find helpful to follow a recent quest for yet another lovely, large sapphire - a step cut one, but there should be more where this came from and the many sources mentioned with the ocasion.

This is the initial thread to look at LINK.

I hope you will find the hints useful.

34.gif

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
a nice unheated starts at about 2500 to 3000 per carat. i think you can get a better color and size if you go heated.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/13/2004 8:57:44 AM
Author: windowshopper
a nice unheated starts at about 2500 to 3000 per carat. i think you can get a better color and size if you go heated.

That waaaaa..ay nice ;-) Nicer than "nice"...

Now, how ''bad'' can this be ?

This being Pricescope, it is easy to compare the price of anything color with colorless diamonds, but... it doesn''t really have to be that way just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results