shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphire engagement ring from Brilliant Earth

PBE6

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I've been looking for a sapphire engagement ring for my girlfriend, but unfortunately the selection in the Toronto, Canada area seems to be either small or well hidden as I haven't had much luck in the brick-and-mortar stores. I came across the Brilliant Earth website and found a beautiful sapphire ring with diamond accents, but I'm unsure whether they're asking a fair price for a quality sapphire:

http://www.brilliantearth.com/Sapphire-Willow-Diamond-Ring-with-Luxe-Willow-Diamond-Wedding-Ring-%281/3-ct.-tw.%29-White-Gold-BE156-BE256B-SB6RD/

I've read a few of the other posts here about Brilliant Earth and the general opinion seems to be that they trade a bit too heavily on their "conflict free" policy and that the prices are inflated. Is that the case here as well? To be honest, the setting is the part that caught my eye and I haven't been able to find anything quite like it elsewhere. If the ring is indeed overpriced, are there better vendor options who could make a replica setting?

Thanks!

Bex

Shiny_Rock
The setting is lovely! I think the hard thing here is that you have no idea what the actual sapphire will look like. The one they show is just a mock up, since you can shrink the same image down to a 5.5 or up to a 6.5. Have you checked out the list of trusted vendors? There should be some there who could recreate the setting for you

PBE6

Rough_Rock
Thanks Bex, I will take a look.

PBE6

Rough_Rock
Brilliant! Thanks Niel, that's exactly what I was looking for - some way to ballpark what a fair price for a ring like that would be. I'd much prefer to have a guaranteed quality stone and get it set myself than to take my chances, especially since I'll have to order online.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results