Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphire/diamond eternity from IDJ!

Twinkle80

Rough_Rock
Hello! I’m coming out of lurkdom to show my RHR eternity u-prong sapphire/diamond band from IDJ!! I poured over the forums and got so much useful information on eternity rings!

Here’s my backstory: Decided to get a RHR for my 40thbirthday- first real jewelry purchase since my wedding rings and first online jewelry shopping experience. I was super hesitant to buy something like this online, and also looked at ETSY, but ultimately decided to go with James Allen since I could return easily. I originally bought this ring from James Allen right before xmas with the 25% off sale (https://www.jamesallen.com/fashion-...sapphire-and-diamond-eternity-ring-item-67836). It was a little too snug (size 6.5) and while it was very pretty, the sapphires were a little darker than I liked. I was debating to resize- but at JA they could only do half sizes (for this ring at least) and I was pretty sure 6.75 was really what I needed and wasn’t sure if 7 would be too big. Also, after trying the ring on, I did want to go with a little bigger stone size Right before I was going to send the ring back to JA to most likely resize to a 7, I decided to just e-mail IDJ and see what they’d say. So glad I did!! Yael quickly e-mailed me back and was fantastic! She was super patient in answering my many questions and I decided to go with them and return the JA ring. I had no issues returning the JA ring in the 30 day window, so really was a good experience there! The IDJ ring came out better than I could have imagined- just stunning!

These forums were very helpful since I never went to jewelry stores to try things on. And I really had that same fantastic experience from IDJ that I had been reading about. Yael helped me settle on a bit larger stone size and get a better custom fit. Highly recommend!! Here is my ring:
69C98EC8-80D5-48B3-8490-4D2A43FAB44E.jpeg 1CEA0EB5-D224-40D8-B0BC-FE0BD9B54F37.jpeg

“Pricescope diamonds” (F color, SI1, ideal-excellent cut)
~2 ctw (12 diamonds & 12 sapphires). I think the diamonds averaged around .077 in size which I think is a perfect size for me)
Size 6.75

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous!! That blue is just delicious, and such a gorgeous contrast to the diamonds. Beautiful choice!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sapphirelicious. :love: Wear in good health and colorful blingy joy.

Twinkle80

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone! I drove myself a little crazy during the process but am so happy with the end result! Here are more pictures, but it goes without saying- please excuse my hands I need a manicure badly- but it’s all about the ring! It sparkles like mad but can’t quite capture that! 5693E151-3C7B-400F-8DD4-A763F4CD3024.jpeg

Attachments

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its beautiful and the blue is gorgeous (not too dark)!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Happy birthday to you!!

collier

Shiny_Rock
So beautiful! What a lovely birthday present. You will be able to wear it everyday and feel like the birthday girl!

Kim N

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful band! I love the color of the blues.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful band!! What a lovely way to mark the occasion of your 40th birthday. I don’t know that I have seen a diamond and sapphire band in this style of setting. It allows you to see so much of the stones - beautiful!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow this is pretty!! I love it! And the perfect way to celebrate a special birthday!

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Paris Hilton is Engaged
    Paris Hilton is Engaged
    Diamonds and Jewelry - Recommended Reads, Part 2
    Diamonds and Jewelry - Recommended Reads, Part 2

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.