shape
carat
color
clarity

San Francisco/San jose help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

westcoastbaby

Rough_Rock
I'm looking to buy an engagement ring, hopefully in a Kretchmer or similar tension setting. Looking for round, 1.2-1.3 carat, F-H clarity, and VS1-VS2.

My questions:
1. does anyone have good recommendations for an honest jeweler in the SF/San jose Area? I've been to a few in Palo Alto, and it's been very sketchy/snobby.
sad.gif

2. if i purchase the diamond from one retailer, is it wrong to have another Kretchmer retailer set it for us?
confused.gif

3. What's considered a decent buy, related to Rappaport for the specs above in an ideal round cut diamond? i.e. 5-15% below Rap, at Rap, etc? What would you consider as a good price for the specs above?
confused.gif

4. Any tips on the Kretchmer settings? I heard its best to get a medium to thick girdle. Do you really need F or better for clarity?

Many thanks in advance for any help you may have out there! If anyone else is looking for the same, i'll post my results here as things progress.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Joe Escobar Jewelry in Campbell is a very reputable store, and has good quality, competitively priced stones. I've purchased several things there over the years, and dealt with Joe, the owner who was top notch.

There is also a store in San Carlos or that general area that people have said good things about. I don't remember the name, but you might be able to find it if you do soem searches here.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joe Escobar is a great place to look at diamonds and settings, they have alot of items in their showroom and are pretty personable. They also are pretty competitive with internet pricing as well from what I have heard.

Geoffreys in San Carlos is what Lop is referring to I think...he has gotten some positive mentions on here.

In PA you may be going to Gleim and other typical Stanfordish jewelers. Too expensive and diamonds are yellow many times!

Our jeweler is in Aptos, Garrett Jewelers in Seaside/Aptos area, we got our ring from him and our original diamond..also someone on here as well recently got their settings there and their diamond online.

You can go all sorts of ways! I would check into online vendors as well, you can find some beautiful diamonds at great pricing if you do your homework first.

Good luck!

Look online as well

westcoastbaby

Rough_Rock
thanks for the advice... i'll let you know how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results