shape
carat
color
clarity

San Diego trip...?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
DH and I are going to San Diego for a wedding at the end of March. We will only be there for a few days, and most of that time will be spent doing wedding stuff, but I think we''ll have most of Saturday free and Monday morning.

Suggestions?

Where to go, eat, play...

We''re staying outside of La Jolla and the wedding is in Scripps Park.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
YAY!!! I was hoping you would see this! Thanks so much. We''ve never been so we''re really excited, but clearly our time will be limited
2.gif

What''s the parking situation in La Jolla?

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Do you know what area of San Diego you will be staying (are you looking more for stuff to do downtown, beach etc)?

bettymac

Shiny_Rock
Island Prime is a fun place to eat for lunch. It''s across from the airport, right on the water, has a great view, and the food is really good!

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Ha! You said the location you were staying! La Jolla is so beautiful! You can find some nice restaurant options (George's on the Cove) on Prospect Ave while looking at the scenery (the sea lions are around that location) and there's plenty of shopping.

If you wanna go to something extra special, there's "The Marine Room" which is constantly voted the most romantic restaurant. The view is so fantastic that they have been closed a couple of times for flooding in it's history(it's safe though).

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
thanks everyone! We're staying at some chain hotel just outside of La Jolla (I think a Holiday Inn express) b/c that's where the wedding party is staying, but the wedding is in Scripps Park and the reception is at Georges at the Cove.

These are great suggestions, and we'll make sure to keep everything with us (we live in NYC and had a car for several years that we parked on the street so we're used to this
2.gif

I think we'll go to Island Prime on Monday for lunch before our flight:)

THANKS AGAIN!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
you''ve gotten some great suggestions

just want to throw the Gaslamp Quarter in there for some nighttime fun!
Cafe Sevilla is one of my favorites. the food can be hit or miss, but the ambiance/music is terrific.

oh yeah, Brockton Villa in La Jolla is a great spot

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
I asked this very same question last summer and got some really good suggestions. Try a search and the thread should come up easily.

SDL rooted for Phil's BBQ all the way, and I'm super glad we went there. The onion rings were so amazingly crunchy, we actually went there twice on our short trip! I still crave them, LOL. Thanks SDL! :)

La Jolla is very pretty, with lots of shopping and good food. Hope you have fun, Bella!

ETA: Oh, I believe the GIA museum @ Carlsbad is nearby!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results