shape
carat
color
clarity

San Diego Appraisers...anyone??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sdtincup

Rough_Rock
Okay...everyone''s been very helpful so far I''m lookin'' for an additional little love in the engagement ring hunt!
21.gif
I think I''ve got the right stone...and although I''m going to probably use consumersgemlab for an appraisel...but at the same time I''d maybe also like to run it by one locally in my area where I also can get a nice peek at the prize. I''d welcome any comments or suggestions for this! A main appraiser that comes up is the San Diego Gemological Society.

thanks again!!!
-sdtincup

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Check out the appraiser link on the top tool bar.
these are the ones we know about and recomend.
But we would like to hear about others - especially ones who really understand cut and are prepared to use ideal-scopes and new analysis tools like DiamCalc - and we need more of those who frequently post here and help consumers.
Dave atlas, Rich Sherwood and New England gem lab

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I live in San Diego and used Thom Underwood at San Diego Gem Lab for my e-ring appraisal. He is an independent appraiser on the Pricescope recommended list, and I've used him for 3 different pieces of jewelry and found him to be thorough and frank. His website is www.sdgemlab.com. He usually charges $85 per item for an appraisal. I did a 2 stage appraisal: he charged me $85 to appraise the loose diamond so I could decide if a wanted to buy it, and after I had it set, he charged me $35 to appraise the completed ring for insurance purposes (and verify it was the same stone).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results