shape
carat
color
clarity

Same tile in shower and on floor of bathroom?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Here is a picture of the subway tile. It is actually white, but it''s so dark in there now. As you can sort of see, it is a little shiny.

subway tile.jpg

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
This is the floor tile, also white. It is not shiny at all.

floor tile.jpg

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
This is an upstairs bathroom. Same subway tile but different floor, but it is also not shiny.

ETA In this bathroom the subway tile is in the shower too. I actually never even noticed the matte/shiny difference before.

upstairs bathroom.jpg

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
iluvcarats, I LOVE your bathroom tile! GORGEOUS!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2010 11:16:21 PM
Author: thing2of2
iluvcarats, I LOVE your bathroom tile! GORGEOUS!

Thanks Thing2!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
iluv, love the black toilet seat. Very cool. Beautiful tile but I wouldn''t expect anything less from you my dear.
2.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Iluv! That is very helpful.

Just not sure what to do. I love the subway on the walls with the octagon/hex on the floor but that seems like what everyone is doing right now. I''d love it to be a little different but just not sure how. Wish I could find a picture of the octagon tile on a wall...

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha Thing I totally have that bathroom bookmarked. I am thinking of just sucking it up and getting the glossy subways...ugh such a pain in the butt.

Rae~

Shiny_Rock
I am doing a bathroom reno project at the moment, too, so I''ve enjoyed reading this thread! I love the white-on-white look but was really taken by the look of iluvcarats'' classic black loo seat / small mosaic-style tiles on the floor.

Here in Australia the trend seems to be two-track - one going towards the smaller tiles and another going big, big, bigger. AFAIAA, subway tiles aren''t really big here? At least not in the architecture and design mags I''ve been reading! :)

We are gutting and remodeling a quite small bathroom which includes the laundry as well. I''m removing the bathtub and making it a shower only. We have gone with large, white rectangular tiles (600mm x 300mm ie 23.6in x 11.8in, with rectified edges so to minimise the grout), laid on the walls in the shower recess (vertically, hopefully to make the ceiling appear higher), for the vanity and laundry tub splashbacks, and for the kicker/strip tile around the rest of the room.

Then we''ve chosen a very subtley patterned fake marble look square tile (300mm x 300mm ie 11.8in x 11.8in) in a neutrally colour, sort of a very very light tan/beige colour. The samples look good placed down loose so hopefully the finished product will be ok! Anything has to be better than the small square, ROYAL BLUE tiles that are currently on the floor!!
6.gif
Although I suppose they did match the soon-to-be-gone deep blue shower screen frame!
14.gif

It''s really interesting to see what others choose. If this thread is still active once the tiles go down, I''ll be sure to add pics. :)

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
neat - i love marble hex and am attaching a photo of a bathroom that spurred on that feeling! I''m hoping to swap out our upstairs bathroom floor with it in the near future.

hope that you can find subway tile for a steal as I think that is just a classic, classic look.

good luck!

marblehexafter.jpg

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2010 10:28:48 AM
Author: lovelylulu
neat - i love marble hex and am attaching a photo of a bathroom that spurred on that feeling! I''m hoping to swap out our upstairs bathroom floor with it in the near future.

hope that you can find subway tile for a steal as I think that is just a classic, classic look.

good luck!
Lulu, that isn''t your bathroom is it?

I have a corner sink and was wrecking my brain on how to put mirror over the wash basin. I like the strange corner away from the wall mirror in your pic. Hmmmm.

As for the same tile on walls and floors I don''t love it. That said I have just done it in 3 of my bathrooms, because matching tile is more of a nightmare. So my advice is to go for it!

BTW, I wish I had seen these pictures before we tiled, great tiles
15.gif
. Love the little honeycomb tiles - so perfect.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
steal - that isn''t my bathroom, just one saved for inspiration because I love the look!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOVE that bathroom lulu!

I ended up swapping tile. I am sad that I didn't get to use my octagon tile and that I couldn't find my marble tile cheap enough. It's probably best in the end though. Since my house is a 1960's ranch it wasn't exactly "period" so the next buyers may not have liked the look. What I picked is more neutral for future owners (this is our starter house).

Next house!!!

Instead I found white subway tile for the walls, and this tile for the floors. It's more brown in person and almost looks like bamboo grains or something? It's really neat in person and has a lot of depth, the size is 12x24. I will have to see if I can find a better picture.

media.nl.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results