shape
carat
color
clarity

Same stone, different vendors?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tanuki

Shiny_Rock
I''ve been lurking on this site for a while and am starting to come to a decision about what I think is right for me.

Yesterday I searched for a Oval 1.5 carat stone on a few e-vendor websites and printed the stats for one I''m interested in.

Then I used the search function on Pricescope and put in the exact stats for the stone to compare prices.

It seems the same stone as I was looking for - with the exact weight, Color, Clarity, dimensions, table%, depth%, girdle thickness, etc. was offered by about five of them (and not all the prices were the same).

The GIA certificate number was the same for two of them but not the others.

Is this because the size and dimensions of the oval 1.5 carat is standardized if you search for the ideal cut or is there some central online diamond vendor that distributes diamonds online to a lot of the other websites (which would mean exactly the same stone at five different prices)?

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
You may find that the diamond comes out to be pretty much the same price when you factor in the shipping costs. Some show free shipping, some charge 20-30 dollars. If you have a favorite vendor, ask about a price match since many of them have such a policy.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Dave, suggestions regarding moderation should be sent to me via email or PM. Thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results