shape
carat
color
clarity

same kunzite

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
a better pic?

forms sleeper 149.jpg

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Hi m76steve,

Would you mind not posting a separate thread for each photo as it clogs up the board? If you just use the reply button you can then post underneath and add more pictures that way.

It will also keep all your photos of particular stones together which is much more useful and informative for people.

Also quick plea on behalf of those board members who are not mother-tongue english (and those of us that are just incapable of understanding it). It is very hard to read and understand text speak, could we all use long-hand please?

Thanks

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
will try to conform-thanks...

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Steve,
Pretty kunzite. Here is mine, as you can see it has a ghastly window, but it''s a nice color and I''ve had it for years and it hasn''t faded (yet!!).

kunzite_cleftless.jpg

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
when people say fade we are talken extremes-usually under extremes-direct sunlight as such for hours a day-occasional viewing-slight chance...-enjoy...

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
by-the-by-a very nice stone....

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The irradiated stones tend to fade easily.

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
im thinkin stones that are irradiated will fade anyway nomatter how much light expo...

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Thanks
1.gif

Meant to say as well that that is a very nice kunzite - I have a very similar one:

It''s 2.30ct, a bit pinker in real life and incredibly sparkly. I don''t set my stones on the whole, and this one is kept in the dark so I don''t have any experience of fading.

kunzite%20019.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/30/2008 9:42:21 AM
Author: m76steve
when people say fade we are talken extremes-usually under extremes-direct sunlight as such for hours a day-occasional viewing-slight chance...-enjoy...
Sorry but that''s not correct.

I have natural Kunzites (heated not irradiated) and one, which has only ever been in the safe - never been in direct sunlight, was a gorgeous purple pink when bought and it''s now colourless. I''ve been told by a Kunzite gem buyer that it''s actually the material that dictates whether it will fade or not. Some do, some don''t. You can''t tell in advance.

Here''s one of my best - 18ct pendant:

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
VERY nice colour LD.

I read somewhere that you can restore colour by heating to 200 degrees C. I am so tempted to buy a cheapy and stick it in with Sunday lunch one day.
1.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2008 11:58:59 AM
Author: Pandora II
VERY nice colour LD.

I read somewhere that you can restore colour by heating to 200 degrees C. I am so tempted to buy a cheapy and stick it in with Sunday lunch one day.
1.gif

haha--I''ve been tempted to experiment with heating many a cheapo stone. Let me know if you do it P!

Nice color LD.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/30/2008 11:58:59 AM
VERY nice colour LD.

1.gif
Really? I thought it would have to be much higher!

Curiously dinner tomorrow is being cooked at 200 degrees so ..................... do Kunzites explode? If not I may well add it to the veg!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Since the kitchen in our new house needs ripping out, I''ll do it just before the oven goes to the dump - that way if it explodes I won''t feel so bad...

Do you think an insurance company would pay out for a new kitchen if you accidently wrecked the existing one heating gemstones?

Maybe if I put them INSIDE a chicken then I could say I didn''t know they were there... hmmm... food for thought
27.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/30/2008 12:12:55 PM
Since the kitchen in our new house needs ripping out, I''ll do it just before the oven goes to the dump - that way if it explodes I won''t feel so bad...

Do you think an insurance company would pay out for a new kitchen if you accidently wrecked the existing one heating gemstones?

Maybe if I put them INSIDE a chicken then I could say I didn''t know they were there... hmmm... food for thought
27.gif
9.gif
It''d be my luck to forget and serve it up and break somebody''s tooth!

Can''t tell you how tempted I am now! Think I''d better not do it with Hubby''s birthday dinner tomorrow though!

If you need a Kunzite to practice on (no liability accepted for your kitchen appliances however) I''ll happy send you mine!
2.gif

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
if you bake a cake with kunzite in it-it has to be eaten in the dark or the cake will fade & cannot be eaten safetly because no one will not be able to identify what you are eating after the lights are turned on. do be careful-from an old chef....

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2008 2:19:50 PM
Author: m76steve
if you bake a cake with kunzite in it-it has to be eaten in the dark or the cake will fade & cannot be eaten safetly because no one will not be able to identify what you are eating after the lights are turned on. do be careful-from an old chef....
LOL. So glad I read though this thread. Sometimes its really worthwhile.
19.gif

Gorgeous kunzites, BTW!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results