shape
carat
color
clarity

Same GIA Report/Different Cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SpreeSpree

Rough_Rock
Hello - I''m a newbie on this site but have found alot of the posts extremely helpful. I have a few unanswered questions and hoping someone can help me. I''m looking to buy a diamond online - been to the major online retailers - Mondera and Blue Nile. Found your site and visited the brokers listed on PS. Prices seem better with the PS brokers but there is a lack of trust (I mean, Blue Nile was rated #1 online retailer for jewelry). Do you buy with confidence from the PS brokers?

Then to confuse the issue even more, I find the same diamond (verified by the same GIA report#) listed at 2 different places - which I understand is common for diamonds not in inventory - but 1 site rated it "Ideal" and the other rated it "Good." How is an online consumer supposed to trust information? It was the exact same diamond!

Thanks for any feedback and advice...

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/17/2005 1:55:25 AM
Author:SpreeSpree

Then to confuse the issue even more, I find the same diamond (verified by the same GIA report#) listed at 2 different places - which I understand is common for diamonds not in inventory - but 1 site rated it ''Ideal'' and the other rated it ''Good.'' How is an online consumer supposed to trust information? It was the exact same diamond!
Each seller makes their own "ideal" standard. And the Pricescope tutorial touts yet another... so it really is up to you.

Some of these stones are never called anything but "ideal"
2.gif

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
You should read our tutorial - until GIa develop a cut grade - they make no cut grade judgements at all - and the vendors are often using what you can read in the tutorial under 60 60 as a yard stick. it is rubbish.

You can find stones with more real info under a Cut Quality Search >upper right on this page.
In 5 years I have not heard of any of those vendors or any other Pricescope vendors having been less than good, and most often great - certainly never heard of a rip off.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results