shape
carat
color
clarity

Same diamond????

Melvis

Rough_Rock
Researching marquise and ovals for my wedding ring (still). The fiance (yep he proposed with my grandmothers ring so this will be my wedding ring) has two rings he's deciding between, one is a semi custom design with a marquise and the other is a wrap with an oval. So started looking at marquise across different stores/sights came across this one from James allen...

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/marquise-cut/0.54-carat-h-color-vs2-clarity-sku-259217

Thoughts on the quality? The only thing I see possibly as a negative is the dark shadows in the middle.. almost like a bow tie but not quite... or am I wrong? Would that really be that noticeable at this size?

So I go to Jared (please no negative comments about looking here, just for to compare quality and pricing) and find the SAME sku number, same GIA report (even the table, depth and flaws are identical)... is this the SAME marquise and how is that possible?? JA has it for $980 and Jared has it for $1600..

http://design.jared-diamonds.com/diamonds/diamond/diam259217/

krisjon

Shiny_Rock
A lot of diamonds these days are sourced from a "virtual" inventory. It's not uncommon to find the same stone being offered by different dealers at different prices.

Melvis

Rough_Rock
I had a feeling that may be the situation... as far as the quality.. is this a decent stone? Or is there something better.. Top range is 1500, But if this is going to be a good stone, I definitely will choose it.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think its a really beautiful stone. That dark area you are seeing is an arrow like you see in a round brilliant diamond.
That wouldnt bother me. You probably would only see flashes of arrow and would not see it all the time. Call JA and
ask them about the center darkness. You could also have it sent to you to take a look at.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JA is partly (at least) owned by a diamond supplier, so most of their stones are accessible through other jewelers. I will say, though, that was an incredible opportunity to realize just how MUCH prices are marked up at Jared!!!! :o

I think the diamond looks pretty in the video!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
I think it's a lovely stone. Maybe have one of their gemologists take a look at it for you and decide from there if you want to see it in person.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results