shape
carat
color
clarity

Same Diamond 3 Different Sites?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Pricescope Forum,

It''s been so enjoyable reading and learning from this site! I''m addicted....
I never knew there were so many diamond lovers out there!

Question: I think I see the same exact diamond on (3) different websites -- actually the same exact cert came up on two of them! The sites were: jamesallen.com, uniondiamond.com and engagementringsdirect.com.
The diamond is:
Certificate: GIA
Shape: Cushion
Carat: 3.03
Color: E
Clarity: SI1
Diamond Proportions:
Length to Width
Ratio: 1.01
Measurements: 8.53-8.42-5.36
Depth Percentage: 63.7 %
Table Percentage: 59 %
Girdle: VTK-
Culet: Medium
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: None (Inert)

Could it be possible? Do all of these sites "pull" from the same pool of diamonds? Do B&M''s pull from this pool too? Thanks for your help....and thanks for the great info.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, yes, and yes.

But please don't buy a cushion online sight unseen. There is a LOT to a cushion and you can't pick by the numbers.

Call Mark at Engagement Rings Direct, tell him what you want, and he'll pick you a winner. The ones on his website aren't necessarily up to his standards if you call him.

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks NeatFreak -- actually, I think my B&M brought in this exact stone! Can''t wait to bring in the cert and compare.
Considering the cushion, but also a RB...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovewhitediamonds, some of the vendors here have in-house diamonds, meaning they actually have the diamonds in their possession and have pictures and other info on the stone. Both Good Old Gold and WhiteFlash are a great place to buy rounds, and GOG also has some cushions in-house. I really like seeing the pictures, etc. rather than ordering solely from listing.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/31/2007 10:06:41 PM
Author: lovewhitediamonds

Could it be possible? Do all of these sites 'pull' from the same pool of diamonds? Do B&M's pull from this pool too? Thanks for your help....and thanks for the great info.
Yes...

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Just a follow up...it was the exact diamond I saw at the B&M that I saw on the three websites ..same cert #
... but more $$ and tax!
I do understand B&M''s need to make some profit..but I also have to be a smart shopper! This site has given me so much education and help through the buying process. Thank you P.S.!!!!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2007 1:10:15 PM
Author: lovewhitediamonds
Just a follow up...it was the exact diamond I saw at the B&M that I saw on the three websites ..same cert #
... but more $$ and tax!
I do understand B&M''s need to make some profit..but I also have to be a smart shopper! This site has given me so much education and help through the buying process. Thank you P.S.!!!!!
Definitely, you can save a ton of money by buying online.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results