shape
carat
color
clarity

sad mixed feelings about ring

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Ach bugger, she said, on the 11th, she'd slink away.
No slinking missey, come back and read what we've expended energy writing and see whether it resonates. Really. We care and we want to know how you are doing......

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
+2 for yssie.

My first marriage, I let my fiance know what cut of stone I liked best, that was my only 'request.' Didn't care what size, etc.

I got cut of stone I liked the least. He bought what worked for him, not for me, which is kinda crazy because I 'had' to wear it. Every. Day. All. Day. It began to symbolize the central problem in our marriage: Control---he had it, I didn't. I stopped wearing the ring. Divorced in 3 years.

So I'm not saying for 1 minute this will be your scenario but I am saying that lots of people have less than what they wanted in an ER.

Now, specifics: An asscher cut. That is one of those cuts you either LOVE it or you don't. He must like it, he bought it!

Go with what yssie says, and remember there are bigger issues coming, get some practice in on this one. Why not have a ring your heart sings for assuming its what he can afford to buy you.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
It astounds me, and I don't know why I should be astounded, since this is a diamond forum, that there really are women who would think to themselves that a marriage isn't going to work, or a guy is not good enough, simply because of the ring they receive for an engagement.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. If you are truly in love, if you have found The Guy Meant For You, then you should be perfectly willing to marry him without ANY BLING whatsoever. And no big shebang wedding either. If he is The One, a simple gold band and a justice of the peace should be all you need.

Now, I'm NOT saying that everyone should have a no-frills affair, without lovely jewelry. I think everyone is entitled to have what they want in proportion to what they can afford. But, I'm saying the guy should not be in question because you don't like his choice of ring. If he is, don't get married. And if you MUST HAVE the circus and the trappings, you aren't really ready for marriage anyway.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wear this piece as a RHR then go shop for your dream E-ring.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
The bottom line is you're not happy with your ring and you have to be if you want to have a ring you'll be happy wearing. So, I would go for it as they say and get exactly what you want. As to his ego/ feelings? Love is more important to him and your happiness is more important to him than his ego/ feelings, in the long run, is my guess. You definitely seem like a nice, thoughtful person, so I don't think you should feel bad at all about your feelings. Good luck.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I thought of something else. It might be good if you talk to him to avoid saying anything negative about your ring instead keeping everything positive. For example, not "This ring/ stone isn't my style" but instead "I realized emerald cuts are my style, I love them, and I would love to have one" etc.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
IMDanny, this thread is almost a year and a half old :) I think you resurrected another old thread not too recently. How are you finding them??

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results