shape
carat
color
clarity

Sad Diamond News for UCLABelle

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
So, many of you know in Show Me The Ring a few weeks ago I posted how I traded my emerald cut ring for the legacy...I was REALLY excited about the trade (which also cost us a few thousand extra despite my ring being appraised for a bit more). I have LOVED the legacy for a long time...especially the ornate one.

I had a 1.50 "E" "VS1" emerald cut with trilliants in platinum from Tiffany and went to what I thought was a 1.13 "H" "VVS2" legacy engagement ring from Tiffany. However, I took the ring to Tiffany for a new valuation, only to find that the diamond is actually an "I".

While this may not bother some people, it bothered me (I already had an "I" color asscher whose color bothered me, so I knew that while I did not notice the color as bad, it would never be "mind clean" enough for me)...After much thought and frustration, I had to make a decision.

So...the jeweler whom I switched with (Mike from Weston Jewelry) was very kind enough to trade everything back...as he was unaware of the mistake in color.

I am a bit sad about everything, but wanted to update my PS friends on my saga....

SO UCLABELLE has her emerald cut back....

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh no! I have to say that I really love both rings, but it''s too bad that you ultimately didn''t get what you wanted. I didn''t know that Tiffany was that subjective in their color grading. I also thought that stones couldn''t be properly color-graded once they are set, so do you know if they took the stone out of the setting and the color grading was accurate? Either way, I''m sorry that the Legacy didn''t work out. Keep us posted!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
That''s too bad. But at least you were able to trade it back.......so are you going to start looking again?

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
vespergirl-The jewelry did not have paperwork, so he went with an independent grader, instead of going through Tiffany's. They are reluctant to give information unless the ring is being re-appraised. Then, they pull up purchase history information...which tells you the correct grading.

It was my fault, I should not have traded for a ring without paperwork.

Joflier- I am not looking anymore right now. This whole thing has made me sick and sad
39.gif
40.gif

I may just work on RHR stacking bands or a setting for a topaz....If I do change anything, it will not be the diamond anymore. I would just change the setting of my ring, through Tiffany's (to something more classic and less modern, such as baguettes) or wait a few years and add two emerald cuts for additional bling.

Honestly

Rough_Rock
Sorry abou that. THe last thing you should be disappointed with is your e-ring. I think your emerald cut is BEAUTIFUL. Emerald cuts are my favorite. Anyway, you can always have the legacy as an upgrade. You''ll get your ring someday.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Honestly-Thanks for your response. I am just bummed it didn''t work out. I still like my emerald cut...so what we are thinking is just keeping the e-ring and perhaps buying a colored legacy (aquamarine is my fav) for a RHR. Or stacking bands, etc...a new project instead of focusing on the e-ring...

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
It''s always interesting to read posts like yours UCLABelle, because you seemed over the moon about your Legacy but knowing the color is one grade off has made you fall out of love with it. It''s interesting how our minds can "color" our feelings over such things. To be honest though, I loved your EC on your hand...so...
28.gif

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
SURFGIRL-I know, but the one grade down, for a stone cut like that, was a big deal to me. I didn't feel comfortable at that point, giving money and trading my ring, for it
7.gif
If I didn't already have an "I" of a similar cut, it probably wouldn't have bothered me as much. But since I had a bad experience with my "I" asscher (i.e. noticing color after a while that just bugged), it was best to fix the issue right away.

customcushion

Shiny_Rock
but you loved it before you were told what the colour grade was. Is it an I that''s closer to an H ? Was the H closer to an I ? Isn''t colour grading ''accurate within 1 colour grade'' ?

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
When you said the new one was an "H" I was worried for you, since you had such problems with your "I". Oh well, maybe a better one will come down the line for you. At least you were able to get your emerald back.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m glad you got your other ring back. I noticed you seemed a little sad to let it go anyway.
1.gif

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Maise- Thanks :) :) I normally wouldn't post about this, but in the event it came up in other forums, I figured I would simply announce what happen
7.gif

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
You went from a 1.9 something Asscher to a 1.50 EC to a 1.13 Legacy, now back to a 1.50. I''m glad the trend is at least going back in the right direction. I was worried you''d be down to a .75 next
2.gif

I know you loved the look of the Legacy, but your EC was the envy of many. It really is a beautiful ring
1.gif

If you love the style (as opposed to the name) would you consider having the EC set into a custom Legacy style mounting? I wonder if someone could photoshop that to see what it would look like
33.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2008 3:30:02 PM
Author: UCLABelle
Maise- Thanks :) :) I normally wouldn''t post about this, but in the event it came up in other forums, I figured I would simply announce what happen
7.gif
I know what its like when something doesn''t quite work out the way you thought it would. Its disappointing and it upsets you. But then you do what you can to make it right again... and thats what you did.
1.gif

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Maisie-Thanks :) I do feel like I somehow patched the situation...

Purrfectpear-hehe, in the size direction, I am going back up :)

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2008 11:34:26 AM
Author: UCLABelle
vespergirl-The jewelry did not have paperwork, so he went with an independent grader, instead of going through Tiffany''s. They are reluctant to give information unless the ring is being re-appraised. Then, they pull up purchase history information...which tells you the correct grading.

It was my fault, I should not have traded for a ring without paperwork.

Joflier- I am not looking anymore right now. This whole thing has made me sick and sad
39.gif
40.gif

I may just work on RHR stacking bands or a setting for a topaz....If I do change anything, it will not be the diamond anymore. I would just change the setting of my ring, through Tiffany''s (to something more classic and less modern, such as baguettes) or wait a few years and add two emerald cuts for additional bling.
That sounds like a good idea. And a fun project!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Does that mean the Legacy will be back on Ebay??
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

Belle: I''ve noticed a lot of
7.gif
7.gif
39.gif
in your posts recently. I''d hope this time is actually quite
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
36.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
for you. And would urge you to concentrate on the full half of the glass. I find that what you focus on in life tends to grow ... and I''d hate for all the
39.gif
''s and
7.gif
''s to continue for you.
5.gif

Cleo

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sorry the Legacy didn''t work out for you... but I''m so glad you got your EC ring back.

I was worried you might not have got it back after reading the thread title.

*hugs*

x x x

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Joflier-I think the stacking bands should be fun!

Deco-Yep, it will be back on ebay and probably a bit cheaper. It is pretty (although, I like your asscher setting a bunch!). I am happy that I got my ring back...so that is bunches of
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I was just a bit bummed because I love antique or more classic styles, and still do not get that with my trilliants (which I just want to rip out sometimes
14.gif
)

Cleo-You are right, COULD HAVE BEEN REALLY BAD
39.gif

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
awe, belle, I'm so sorry for your trouble. On the bright side....I secretly loved your EC better....
31.gif

I was sorta bummed when you traded it in.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry that things didn''t work out UCLAbelle, but I also liked your old ring better. I hope you can still look at it with much love. The legacy was beautiful, but your EC ring is just so classic and elegant, and a bigger center stone!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Sorry for all of the trouble, Belle, but I''m SO glad you were able to get your EC back. You will know what to do when the time comes. Make yourself happy since you will be the one wearing your ring!

Have fun with your next jewelry project!
9.gif

Hugs,
Lori

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Tberube and KCoursolle-This was nice to say!!!! My friends like the EC better too.

Lori-Thanks!!! I think for now my ring will suffice (too afraid to change it!!!!)

Deco-FYI, the ring is back on ebay :)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I big puffy heart your EC, sorry about the other one but maybe this was meant to be?

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
From Friends.... "She''s his lobster!"

I agree with Skippy, it''s meant to be!

army wife

Rough_Rock
belle,
Hi, had to come out of lurkdom to tell you that I love you EC ring and am thrilled you got it back!!! It truly does look lovely on your hand. I have been married 15 years and that is my dream ring. Treasure it and your wonderful new husband. Take this time to enjoy being a newlywed. Before you know it you will be having a 5 year anniversary.
emwink.gif
god bless.

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
I am a cushion girl, but I absolutely LOVED LOVED LOVED your EC ring! I''m happy you have it back!! I hope you''re going to be as happy with as you were when you first got it. That ring is to die for!
1.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi Belle,

Im so sorry for all of the trouble you are going through. I have to say, though, I also loved your EC ring. Its just so classic and timeless and gorgeous. Like pp's said, maybe it was meant to be for you to get it back. I hope that you will be happy for a bit with your gorgeous ring...Remember, there are so many possibilities for that ring if you ever want to change the sidestones or whatever you decide......That EC is so pretty, and it will never go out of style!

Good luck!!!
2.gif

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
I just noticed the Legacy on ebay and thought, huh, that looks familiar! I''m sorry to hear about the color difference. If it isn''t mindclean, it''s best to return it. I''m glad to hear that Weston was so accommodating.

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
What a flipping bummer. I know how excited you were for that gorgeous legacy - and to find out it was an I is just so annoying. I am glad you knew immediately - and were able to get back your drool-worthy EC ring back.

You would have just been really annoyed had you kept that I, and I think you made the right choice 100%. Plus, I just adore the original ring!!!!

Also, a legacy aquamarine! D*am girl! Sounds great :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results