shape
carat
color
clarity

Sacrifice Color or Carat?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

About2ask

Rough_Rock
What do you guys think I should sacrifice? I mean, I technically could afford a 1 carat G, but I figured that it may be best to step down on one of the two (or both for a much bigger ring). So should I...

drop from D-G color to H-I

or

1 carat to .75 - .90

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Everybody sees colour differently. If you think your girlfriend would prefer size over color then go for it. It will depend on cut. I have had a well cut I and J color diamond and they faced up very white.

I would always say cut is the most important of the four C's.

JoeNewbie11

Shiny_Rock
In that carat size, I would definitely drop in color to I and get a larger carat size.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Drop in color too.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Can you compromise? H color, .98?

But, if there are two diamonds that are a fantastic cut and one is a .75 G or a 1 ct I, I''d go with the I.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Personal preference. When I swapped out my original 0.18 ct RB (uncerted, but probably around an F VS), I upgraded to a 0.63 ct E VS2. It''s big enough for every day wear for me, and I like knowing the stone is colorless. But, a lot of folks seem to like the 1 ct mark, and those I''s and J''s are an excellent value for the money.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
There is something nice about saying, "it''s over a carat!"

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i''ll take a well cut G SI1
36.gif

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/5/2008 7:05:55 PM
Author: JoeNewbie11
In that carat size, I would definitely drop in color to I and get a larger carat size.
I totally agree!!!

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto go bigger- you can buy a top notch stone (cut wise) in an I vs2 and have a realy beauty

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I''d drop in color. I have an H and would never pay for anything higher, at least not in a round.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results