shape
carat
color
clarity

Russian earrings?

Lookrefined

Rough_Rock
Hiya I was wondering if anyone can help me identify these earrings they appear to be Russian 14xt and silver but I know 925 is not a common mark for Russia if anyone can please help 14k diamond Faberge hallmarks.jpg 14k diamond Faberge side.jpg

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I don't have any special knowledge but I love antiques!
They're very pretty.
There is a Kokoshnik import mark, possibly into Moscow. The only thing giving me pause is the rudimentary stamping of the figurehead. Later stampings had intaglio relief. Earlier stampings to the left. 1908 is when they turned right (could be used to look like a Russian piece without actually being a Russian piece.
They didn't use 925 for silver marking. There's also no makers or city marks.
It's possible they're a reproduction or dupe in 'Russian' style.

Paging @glitterata! Do you have any familiarity with this type of earring?

Lookrefined

Rough_Rock
Your earrings are both 14k and sterling.
Here is a good reference to date the piece based on lady's head. After 1994?
Screenshot_20230116-075659~3.png

Thank you for your reply so based on the woman's head they would be a modern piece only thing throwing me off is the 925 as I didn't think Russia used this mark

Lookrefined

Rough_Rock
They're very pretty.
There is a Kokoshnik import mark, possibly into Moscow. The only thing giving me pause is the rudimentary stamping of the figurehead. Later stampings had intaglio relief. Earlier stampings to the left. 1908 is when they turned right (could be used to look like a Russian piece without actually being a Russian piece.

Yes this is what I thought with regards to the 925 marking. There is some kind of Russian word at the top which is quite hard to make out in the photo but I could perhaps draw the letters if anyone knows any russian

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your reply so based on the woman's head they would be a modern piece only thing throwing me off is the 925 as I didn't think Russia used this mark

Yes, I'm having trouble finding any Russian silver marks using 925. Puzzling!
I think the other word is the maker's mark.
If you could decipher that, it might clear up the mystery.
Perhaps the piece was made for export.

Lookrefined

Rough_Rock
Yes, I'm having trouble finding any Russian silver marks using 925. Puzzling!
I think the other word is the maker's mark.
If you could decipher that, it might clear up the mystery.
Perhaps the piece was made for export.

Yes this is what it looks like but I've no idea what it is IMG_20230116_160627.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes this is what it looks like but I've no idea what it is IMG_20230116_160627.jpg

I have been trying to translate this (Cyrillic to English) on Google with no luck. One visual search said the word means 'gas'. Another said it means 'gentlemen'. Of course, it may be initials that you'll never be able to figure out.

Lookrefined

Rough_Rock
I have been trying to translate this (Cyrillic to English) on Google with no luck. One visual search said the word means 'gas'. Another said it means 'gentlemen'. Of course, it may be initials that you'll never be able to figure out.

Ah thank you for trying!! It may be that I didn't draw it very well but I think it's pretty accurate x

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
They're very pretty.

So pretty! I'm not very familiar with Russian marks and jewelry. I'm going to page @Circe .

DoubleTrouble

Rough_Rock
My partner who speaks Russian pulled this info (translated from Russian so a bit wonky) but it agrees with what earlier posters have said, and gives the method for decoding the 4 letters:

Since 1958, the badge of the certificate has been an image of a sickle and a hammer against the background of a five-pointed star. Since 1994, the Russian Federation has established an identification mark, which is a profile of a female head in a kokoshnik, turned to the right.
In addition to the stamp with a woman's head and the designation of the sample, there is another letter cipher on the product - the name. The first letter tells about the year of manufacture of the product. This value was introduced in 2001, and the letter "A" corresponded to this year. Subsequent years are listed in alphabetical order. A product manufactured in 2015 will have a code starting with the letter "P". Products manufactured before 2001 had numbers and signs in the cipher.
The second letter of the personal name indicates which particular inspection of the assay supervision was stamped, depending on the area in which the production is located. So, for example, the Moscow Region State Inspectorate for Assay Supervision in the city of Bronnitsy is marked with the letter "B".
The next two characters in the nameplate are the manufacturer's code. The Assay Office recommends that manufacturers use no more than two letters of the Russian alphabet.

He says it's hard to decipher what the letters are but his best guess is:

First letter is very unclear. If I absolutely had to guess I’d say the first letter is П (p)

Second letter likely either А (а) or Л (L)

Last two letters are most likely ИИ (ii or ee in English depending on how you want to pronounce it)

Hope that helps!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results