shape
carat
color
clarity

Russian Demantoid Ring.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
The stone is 4.8mm 0.51ct Russian demantoid. I have lighter ones that are way more sparkly, but the color of this one is very special. I would never be able to afford something heavier than 1ct in this color. So I am happy with what I have. Now I regret not being patient enough and getting it set in a halo of diamonds. My financial situation is not the best and I wanted at least one of my stones being set ASAP. This ring was the least expensive project. Dedicated to the 2nd BD of my beautiful granddaughter. I wanted to make the more sophisticated ring for her, setting "her" 0.93ct 6mm green/yellow Russian demantoid in semi-setting from I&R that has sapphires and diamonds (of course, sapphire is my baby's birth stone), but wasn't able to afford it right now. I will be wearing this ring so she may inherit something she remembers since her early childhood. I tried to capture a "gemological garden" inside the stone with my X30 loupe and camera. I think one of the photos of the ring on my hand also shows a little bit of byssolite inclusions. They are not the type of the classic horse tail, but they are present and well visible through the loupe.
IMG_3235 (2).JPG IMG_3238 (2).JPG IMG_3242 (2).JPG IMG_3247 (2).JPG IMG_3264 (2).JPG IMG_3270 (2).JPG IMG_3272 (2).JPG IMG_3275 (2).JPG IMG_3277 (2).JPG IMG_3284 (2).JPG IMG_3286 (2).JPG IMG_3293 (2).JPG IMG_3296 (2).JPG

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful colour green
Green is my favourite colour
I love it in the yellow gold and i really love the setting
not everything needs a halo
let her shine in her own spotlight at least for now

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
A little BD party yesterday, the cousins are not socialized thanks to Covid19. :( The quality of the air was very bad so we had spent only short time together.
IMG_3161 (3).JPG

Do you live near the fires Musia ?
Stay safe
looks like a fun little get together to forget all the horrible grown up worry for a wee while

bespokecarmel

Shiny_Rock
No, you did the right thing by setting it and enjoying it NOW! You can always change/upgrade the setting in the future. The color is gorgeous.
Love the photos of those girls; I don’t think enough kudos are given to cousin relationships.

H

Horsegirl76

I think it’s just beautiful! The green is so intense. It will be so special for your granddaughter to have a piece from you that she remembers you wearing.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so beautiful! I love the richness of the green Against the gold! It really pops!

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
One more picture in a box. Hard to capture the color...The setting is in 14K YG, so not too yellow, just right, I think. And I am very thankful to everyone who commented or just visited and liked.
IMG_3264 (2).JPG

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely lush green.
Do wear it & enjoy it now please!
I hope your grandbaby grows to have the sweetest memories of it & when the time comes for it to be placed on her hand, that she remembers you & all of the special times you both shared. ♥️

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous colour, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2:

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
I think the simplicity of the setting showcases the colour perfectly. It's beautiful and a lovely idea to hand it down to your sweet granddaughter.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That color is stunning. Wear it in good health @Musia !

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, that colour.... :kiss2:

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty color! The setting flows very well and the simplicity allows the colored stone to be the focus of attention.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love demantoid green! The ring is beautiful, looks easy to wear too.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous rich color! Love it.

inne

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! And how wonderful that you are creating memories for your granddaughter

voce

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that would definitely catch my eye from across the room!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is such a vibrant green. So special!

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think your demantoid is really beautiful!! And the setting is special!

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I too feel the need to set many of my stones asap!!!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Those babies in their dresses! :love:

That color is divine and the setting showcases it beautifully.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much everyone! For leaving nice comments about the ring and the babies, for coming, for looking. I appreciate your kind words and your wisdom. :love: :love: :love:

Q

Queenie60

Very pretty ring Musia. Love the deep green with the gold setting. Enjoy wearing it.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
Enjoy the beautiful ring @Musia!! And those adorable babies.

stonehunter20

Shiny_Rock
green + gold, perfect color combo! :kiss2: congrats!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful and I think the setting is very flowy and elegant too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results