shape
carat
color
clarity

Russia Offered Bounty For Killing US Troops

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Russia secretly offered a bounty for the killing of US troops in Afghanistan. Some of this money may have been collected. Donald Trump has known about this for months. He did nothing. He did not denounce Vladimir Putin to the American people or sanction Russia.

What do you expect from the man who sent Michael Flynn to undermine President Obama's sanctions while President Obama was still the Head of State?

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
I think you could expect him to try to invite the Russians to the G7. Of course...

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you could expect him to try to invite the Russians to the G7. Of course...

I believe that, due to covid19, there will be no G7 meeting (even virtual) in the United States this year. Of course I would have expected Donald Trump to invite Vladimir Putin to it had he been hosting it. If I am not mistaken, Angela Merkel refused to attend and that put an end to this year's festivities. Please correct me if I have any details wrong. I am going by my memory, which is very wayward (and getting more so every day). ;))

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to Trumpland, that ANYONE would vote for him in November makes me physically ill. He's destroyed our standing in the world, allowed Russia to run amok, he's a tin-pot despot, the republican/conservative party has almost completely destroyed our country.

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
Trump has invited Russia to join an expanded G7 in September. Why doesn’t he give Putin his own room at the White House?

Also, remember when he wanted to hold G7 at his own personal golf course in Florida... that makes me LOL.

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome to Trumpland, that ANYONE would vote for him in November makes me physically ill. He's destroyed our standing in the world, allowed Russia to run amok, he's a tin-pot despot, the republican/conservative party has almost completely destroyed our country.

I keep wondering am I stuck in an alternate reality? Everyday I have to worry about the next Trump executive order on immigration. My husband is an immigrant, here legally, and a highly skilled worker. I fear the next EO may cause us to have to leave the US permanently. This election is a life and death situation for many asylum/refugees/immigrant families.

I am no longer proud to be an American. I am ashamed of my country of birth.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep wondering am I stuck in an alternate reality? Everyday I have to worry about the next Trump executive order on immigration. My husband is an immigrant, here legally, and a highly skilled worker. I fear the next EO may cause us to have to leave the US permanently. This election is a life and death situation for many asylum/refugees/immigrant families.

I am no longer proud to be an American. I am ashamed of my country of birth.

Me too. If your husband is on a H1B1, Trump could oust him.. I often hate using these types of things but I just SMH in disbelief.

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
Me too. If your husband is on a H1B1, Trump could oust him.. I often hate using these types of things but I just SMH in disbelief.

Canada has a very attractive skilled immigration policy and is my personal top choice. Also, a lot of tech companies are going fully remote and we both work in tech. We’ve discussed working remote from my husband’s country where a comparable cost of living is much lower. Idk, it’s just sad to me that it took one xenophobe and his cult to kill the “American Dream”.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
I believe that, due to covid19, there will be no G7 meeting (even virtual) in the United States this year. Of course I would have expected Donald Trump to invite Vladimir Putin to it had he been hosting it. If I am not mistaken, Angela Merkel refused to attend and that put an end to this year's festivities. Please correct me if I have any details wrong. I am going by my memory, which is very wayward (and getting more so every day). ;))

I'm pretty sure that's the way it happened.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
President Trump is claiming that no one ever told him that this Russian plot existed. Here is an excerpt from an article in "The New York Times" that quotes Vice-President Biden's comments about the Russian actions. (Those comments are not included. See linked article to read them.)

"But as criticism of the administration’s inaction swelled on Friday and Saturday, the White House claimed that Mr. Trump had never been told about the intelligence assessment.

'While the White House does not routinely comment on alleged intelligence or internal deliberations, the C.I.A. director, national security adviser and the chief of staff can all confirm that neither the president nor the vice president were briefed on the alleged Russian bounty intelligence,' the White House press secretary, Kayleigh McEnany, said in a statement Saturday afternoon, about 25 hours after the article was posted on The Times’s website.

About six hours later on Saturday night, the director of national intelligence, John Ratcliffe, issued a statement echoing the White House’s assertion that Mr. Trump had not been briefed on the intelligence finding.

But one American official had told The Times that the intelligence finding that the Russians had offered and paid bounties to Afghan militants and criminals had been briefed at the highest levels of the White House.

Another said it was included in the President’s Daily Brief
, a written document which draws from spywork to make analytic predictions about longstanding adversaries, unfolding plots and emerging crises around the world. The briefing document is given to the president to read and they serve as the basis for oral briefings to him several times a week.

Asked on Saturday evening how the president could not have known about the report if it had been in his daily brief, a National Security Council spokesman did not immediately respond.

Ms. McEnany notably did not question the substance of the intelligence assessment, saying only that her statement 'did not speak to the merit of the alleged intelligence.' She also did not challenge the Times’s reporting that the National Security Council had convened an interagency meeting about what to do about the report in late March.

Ms. McEnany did not explain why such an important report would have been withheld from Mr. Trump. Nor did she indicate whether Mr. Trump was upset at his subordinates for purportedly withholding the information from him.

American officials reached on Saturday said it strained credulity to think that White House national-security officials would be discussing such an important matter for months and even brief British officials about it and never provide the information to Mr. Trump.

The Times article did not say whether Vice President Mike Pence had been briefed.
Ms. McEnany also said in her statement that 'the United States receives thousands of intelligence reports a day and they are subject to strict scrutiny.' It was not clear why she portrayed the report as if it were a tip merely received by the government from an outside source, when it was instead an intelligence assessment developed by the American government itself, based on analyzing intelligence."

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So basically Trump doesn’t read the intelligence briefings he is given. Just shows you that Trump can not lead or defend America.

If you believe that President Trump was not told about the Russians paying to have American troops killed, how do you explain the National Security Council covening an interagency meeting about what to do about the report in late March?

National Security Council.:

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
If you believe that President Trump was not told about the Russians paying to have American troops killed, how do you explain the National Security Council covening an interagency meeting about what to do about the report in late March?

National Security Council.:

Oh I believe he was fully aware and ignored it because Putin has dirt on him, maybe something with the large debt he owes the bank of China. Now Trump’s Barbie press secretary is spinning it by playing ignorant. Otherwise they’re admitting that the President doesn’t read the briefings presented him because he’s too concerned with his weekend golf plans.

Remember when he met one on one with Putin behind closed doors without aids or translators in Helsinki. Remember when he wanted to invite the Taliban to have a bbq at Camp David around 9/11.

Where is the uproar from the GOP? They’re complicit in his treasonous acts.

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
C066FD09-5B92-4B0C-A099-06F2B6CA982A.jpeg
Today’s update

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Putin asset?

That thought crossed my mind a long time ago. He was weakened the US in every possible way and imo we're vulnerable for a takeover.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
I can't even express how much I hope Trump is out in Nov. And then watch out till the end of the year!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree @Demon. There are rumors that he'll not run if his poll numbers continue to show he can't beat Biden. Fingers and toes crossed.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
I haven't gotten through the whole thing yet, but

“The calls caused former top Trump deputies -- including H.R. McMaster and Bolton, Mattis, Tillerson, and White House chief of staff John Kelly, as well as intelligence officials -- to conclude that the President was often "delusional,"

And yet they said nothing.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree @Demon. There are rumors that he'll not run if his poll numbers continue to show he can't beat Biden. Fingers and toes crossed.
Wishful thinking from the left. Heard the same rumor 4 yrs ago.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That thought crossed my mind a long time ago. He was weakened the US in every possible way and imo we're vulnerable for a takeover.

That Trump was a Russian asset is not a new theory. Another was that he was simply a useful idiot. Supposedly Robert Mueller determined that he was not a Russian asset. But as former CIA analyst and current Congresswoman Slotkin said about Trump and the latest scandal, "something is off".

Last edited:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
John Bolton personally briefed President Trump on Russia's plot to finance the killing of United States soldiers in Afghanistan, and this was in 2019. This report in Forbes is unambiguous about it.

"President Trump received a written briefing and a briefing from then-National Security Advisor John Bolton about intelligence that suggests Russia offered bounties to Taliban fighters for killing U.S. soldiers in early 2019, and another written briefing this February, according to reports from the New York Times and the Associated Press.

Top White House officials were aware of the intelligence in early 2019, according to a report from the Associated Press on Monday, which also claims that then-National Security Advisor John Bolton told colleagues he briefed Trump on the intelligence in March 2019, and that it was included in one the president’s written daily intelligence briefings around that time."

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This was on television today, on MSNBC. Barry McCaffrey is a retired four star-general. After graduating from West Point, he served with the elite 82nd Airborne Division and with the first Cavalry Division in Vietnam. Barry McCaffrey served in the United States Army for 32 years. When he retired in 1996, he was the most decorated General serving in the United States Army, having been awarded 3 Purple Heart Medals for wounds received in combat, 2 Distinguished Service Crosses (the nation’s second highest award for valor), He was inducted into US Ranger Hall of Fame at US Armey Infantry Center at Fort Benning in 2007.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results