shape
carat
color
clarity

Rude "maul" store employee

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry - I need to rant here guys!!!
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

I bought a sterling silver pendant off of ebay this weekend, and I needed to get a chain for it. WG turns yellow on me very quickly, I can''t afford a plat chain, so I was looking for a silver one. I walk into this mall jewelry store, ask to see their silver chains, and after informing me that all of their silver ones come with a pendant already, the incredibly loud and fakey-nice guy informs me (loudly) that "You''re really not going to find many silver pieces at real jewelry stores, that''s something you''re better off getting at a department store, like Sears. And really, that''s quite indicative of the quality." *FAKE SMILE*. Jerk - I KNOW silver is a softer metal, I know it will tarnish over time, and I know that it''s "cheap" in comparison! I didn''t mention the fact that they didn''t carry any platinum chains and how that''s indicative of their quality... GRRRRRRRRR.....
29.gif

But the lady who was working there told us while we were walking out that Younkers (department store) has some nice silver chains on sale. So off we went and bought a silver snake chain for a grand total of $12.84!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t stand rude sales people. Do they think we can''t tell when they''re being fake and condescending?!
Is Tiffany''s not a real jewelry store? A lot of their stuff is in silver. Although a replacement 16" chain was like $40-something last time I needed one, so you got a much better deal. Glad you didn''t give your business to the mean people though.

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
Total agree with Blue824, I was JUST going to say that Tiffany carries a lot of silver. Screw the uninformed.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
It must be the week of rude mall jewelry store employees!!
11.gif

I went into one to purchase a Raymond Weil watch for my fiance as a kind of belated engagement gift. I was dressed in a petty coat and jeans, and I look clean cut, etc, but I guess I look young too...so I walk in, start browsing their watches, and the four employees (there were no other customers in the store) look up and then just go back to their conversation!!!!
29.gif
They didn''t even say hi!!
29.gif
How rude!

Well, let''s just say that they missed out of a purchase of over $1000!!! I left, drove out of my way to another jeweler I know that carries these watches, walked in the door, pointed at a watch, and voola!! They made a sale! From now on, when I need something that I could technically get from the first store, I''m going to the further one, because at least they treated me with respect!!

Oh well, just thought I would vent a little
2.gif

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I wasn''t at the mall, but my BF and I still had a rude jewelry store experiece this weekend! We went on our first "looking" trip this weekend! I knew he was not going to have patience for a marathon trip, so I decided we should try a local place that looked impressive from the outside and that one PS poster had a good experience with. I know that we look pretty young, so I made sure we looked presentable. Nothing on the store''s website mentioned appointments, so we just walked in. Aside from the fact that it was much smaller and had less visible selection than I had hoped, I was looking forward to talking to someone, especially since they claim to be "importers" and I was curoius about their stones. Unfortunately, we were there for 5 minutes before soemone even looked at us. Then, it was to ask us if we were being helped and tell us that someone else would be with us in a minute. After what felt like 10 more minutes, an older (though scruffier-looking) couple was being helped, despite the fact that they came in after us, and we were still standing there like idiots. We decided to leave.

My BF does not have a lot of patience for poor customer service, especially when it feels like it is b/c of our age, so I was worried that it was going to be a while before I got him into a jewelry store again! Luckily, he knew how much I had been looking forward to trying some things on, so he more than happily tried again! The next place we went had better service, but not a lot else. I had to stop the woman in the middle of her "4 c''s" routine and tell her exactly what I was looking for. The one stone that I thought looked good was outrageously overpriced! And I couldn''t say much about their settings...

Sorry about MY rant! At least my day worked out in the end! BF went into a jewelry store, looked at diamonds, and even offered his opinion on a few things! Best Valentine''s present I could have gotten...almost!
emwink.gif

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
JCJD - I'm so sorry that happened to you! I hate it in general when people poop on others for no reason. Just keep a good attitude and know that that employee is just ruining his own day instead of yours! I can definitely understand if you get frustrated though because it's not like you did anything to provoke him. He's probably just bitter about something that happened during his day and felt it was necessary to be passive aggressive with the next customer. Those people will never get anywhere in life. In the end you got what you wanted for a great price and that guy is still stuck in behind the mall jewelry counter.... so
14.gif
on him ;-)

fatafelice - I'm really petite and always get mistaken for much younger than I am. (This could be useful in the future but is frustrating now!) I always ask my bf to dress a little nicer when we go to jewelry stores so I definitely know what you are going through. Local recommendations are a great way to go even though that one store did not work out. I don't know if you are in Los Angeles but on the westside near UCLA is a well-known store called Sarah Leonard that has always been considerate and helpful to me. I think it's so great that your bf went to other stores to "look" because he knew how important it was to you. GOod luck in your search :)

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
JC- call thier Client Relations Dept! Thats the way to get things done when dealing with retail employees. I know.. I work retail.. and my managers are TERRIFIED of people calling client relations on us!
Or you can just tell them to go to screw themselves.. thats what I would have done. Tell them that if THEY were a real jewlery store, they wouldn''t be in the mall. Clearly.. jewlery from a dept store is NO worse than jewelery from most maul stores.

When we were e-ring shopping, we had a jeweler try soooo hard to sell us platinum rather than white gold. He seriously must have been getting extra kickbacks from the platinum guild on top of just the bigger commissions. He was even handing out little flyers made by the platinum guild. I am really not one to be SOLD on anything. I usually know what I want.. and am not easily swayed (except in Express, they can sell me anything!! LOL.) But we went in there on two separate occasions, and he didn''t remember us, and they gave us the same exact speech on platinum TWICE.. and both times they said.. "Oh.. we''re not trying to sell you on platinum.. if thats not what you want.." blah blah blah.. We could have ordered my ring through them, but obviously, we decided against it.

I think I posted this the other day too.. but at the jeweler where we ordered my ring, the guy (it wasn''t the owner.. I like the owner) was trying to tell me not to get an eternity band.. and I do understand the cons to them. but he was just really getting on my nerves.. because I hate when people say "i''m not trying to tell you what to do.." when they are CLEARLY trying to tell me what to do. He said that they ''recommend'' that EVERYONE solders their wedding set.. and if it was soldered then I wouldn''t need an eternity band. I''m NOT soldering ANYTHING. And he pretty much convinced me to not buy from them.

They''re all so annoying. Thats one benefit of internet shopping is that no oen is there telling you what to buy!

Christy42

Shiny_Rock
JC I totally understand. When my husband bought me a 2 carat marquise from the "finest" jeweler in town, he walked in dressed in camoflauge. (Die-hard hunter) Everyone ignored him for about 45 minutes. He would have left but he was determined to buy one for me for Christmas that year and couldn''t find anything suitable anywhere else. He was about to leave when a older salesman came to help. After he bought the ring, James, the salesman, then announced to the other younger sales staff that my husband had just bought a 2 carat diamond. My husband said they all looked embarrassed. It just goes to show that a good salesman knows that buyers come in all different sizzes and shapes looking for all kinds of things and good service brings people back. Sometimes even if it costs more!

The owner there is quite offensive. I have tried to deal with him twice since then and he stomps all over what you already have and tries to insist you buy his merchandise or he is very presumptuous and condescending. Needless to say, I wish James worked elsewhere, because I just can''t give that owner anymore of my money.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results