Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Blue Sapphire Ring

praween_s

Shiny_Rock
Opening this thread to track the journey of my new sapphire ring to come...... :cool2:

Here's the stone I just bought (after taking a very very very deep breath for unheated stone pricing).

I plan to set it as a solitaire ring without any diamonds.

At the moment I saw it, I keep hearing it's voice ... "TAKE ME TAKE ME TAKE ME". And I just couldn't resist.

Pretty Asymmetric to my eye but I know that the jeweler will fix it with the setting. Still being discussed but the whole end-to-end journey will be posted here :lol:

See my previous post for the idea on how this thread is going to look like. I'm so exciting... :dance::dance::dance:

Gemstone Specs
  • 2.72ct
  • Unheated
  • From Madagascar
  • AIGS "Royal Blue"

IMG_7977.JPG
IMG_7973.JPG
IMG_7972.JPG
fullsizeoutput_4f9b.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_4fa5.jpeg

Last edited:

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Your sapphire is stunning! I’d love to see more photos, thank you for sharing. How will you be setting it?

praween_s

Shiny_Rock
Many thanks for the compliments guys. Please join me in building this ring :mrgreen2::mrgreen2::mrgreen2:

A quick question here. Since color is really important, will it make the stone look darker if I go with bezel setting?

Catmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous color! Impatiently waiting for pics of the stone in its setting!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I LOVE this set as a simple solitaire! Though I'm sorry to hear about the setting mishap! What a gorgeous and special gem you have! I could get lost in that blue....

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.