color
clarity

Round lab diamond

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL

Yes, pass me my microscope... ;-) :lol:

Measurements look great in terms of PS-recommended ranges, so that and the eye-clean clarity should mean you have no worries about it :))

Get out and about and view it in as many different lighting environments as you can, so you can learn its character and pick up anything that might not be 'right', and post back here if you have any concerns!

I think you'll love it, congratulations on a great buy!

NDB

Rough_Rock
Thank you for all of your advice and help! I took another photo at the pharmacy, the sparkle was really pretty I couldn’t resist! I’m so glad I took your guys’ advice and went with BE, such a great overall experience! ADAE386E-0BB3-4CD3-8491-75DDB1B84F2A.jpeg

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for all of your advice and help! I took another photo at the pharmacy, the sparkle was really pretty I couldn’t resist! I’m so glad I took your guys’ advice and went with BE, such a great overall experience! ADAE386E-0BB3-4CD3-8491-75DDB1B84F2A.jpeg

That looks awesome, I'm glad you're enjoying it and getting distracted! :D

NDB

Rough_Rock
It’s me again.. I’m so sorry to be a bother lol. I have another question. I have noticed a small black or sometimes it’s white dot right in the centre of the diamond. I was reading that it’s the culet and that the dot shows only if the diamond is poorly cut and has a culet, it also said that the diamond won’t be sparkly, which mine is very sparkly. On the GCAL cert it says “Culet: None” so I am very confused. I can only notice the culet dot in certain lighting and certain angles. Is being able to see it a bad thing? Should I be worried because on cert it says none? Any feedback would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

NDB

Rough_Rock
After looking at other photos on weddingbee of round cuts I can actually see the dots now...I think it’s normal?!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
After looking at other photos on weddingbee of round cuts I can actually see the dots now...I think it’s normal?!

Can you take a macro picture of your stone to show what you mean, or could you link to a picture online that shows it?

Not having a culet means there isn't any obvious circle in the centre, but even if there was a culet, it's not necessarily unattractive, and if cut well, will enhance the diamond's light performance and character ;-)

NDB

Rough_Rock
Can you take a macro picture of your stone to show what you mean, or could you link to a picture online that shows it?

Not having a culet means there isn't any obvious circle in the centre, but even if there was a culet, it's not necessarily unattractive, and if cut well, will enhance the diamond's light performance and character ;-)

I am not sure if I even know what I’m trying to say haha. I also suck at taking good pics so I’ve attached 2 from weddingbee that show that centre in the middle

0D9EFD22-4B8C-4CD5-A94F-92BD231F7062.jpeg C3CF35E9-0B02-4149-B9FE-B48169A597BA.jpeg

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
I am not sure if I even know what I’m trying to say haha. I also suck at taking good pics so I’ve attached 2 from weddingbee that show that centre in the middle

0D9EFD22-4B8C-4CD5-A94F-92BD231F7062.jpeg C3CF35E9-0B02-4149-B9FE-B48169A597BA.jpeg

That is completely normal. The Culet is right in the middle of this bigger circle. Go ahead on bluenile or james allen and check out the round diamonds they all have a very similiar center. Your diamonds culet is definitley pointed (=none).

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good pics!

As Lessics says, with no culet there is no 'hole' of light escaping from the bottom - the circle you see at the bottom of the pavilion facets is a reflection of the round edge of the table :)

NDB

Rough_Rock
that makes sense now! (I thought the larger circle was the culet but it’s actually the tiny dot inside the circle) thanks guys :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results