shape
carat
color
clarity

Round Center Cushion Halo Help

get it right once

Rough_Rock
Hi everybody - greatly appreciate any and all help! I've been a lurker on the forums, but it is now time to pull the trigger.

I think I've narrowed the look down to a round center diamond set in a cushion halo. Ideal budget is $15k.

I like the following settings: Tacori 2620; VC Emilya; ML Everlasting Halo; JA Falling Edge Halo. Since these settings can get >$4k pretty easily, do you have some suggestions for a 1.40-1.50ct round, G-H color, VS1-2 clarity?

Obviously, I've run searches with the above specs. I guess my broader question is what is the best route to take/who to talk to in order to find some "value" or "acceptable tradeoff" within the spec range provided.

Thank you again!

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
So exciting - congratulations! I'm not an expert on round stones so I'll wait for the experts to weigh in, but on the setting if you are thinking about going the hand forged route for a halo you should definitely get a quote from Maytal Hannah as well. In my opinion she is basically the queen of halos and has reasonable prices for hand forged work (which is, as you noted, pricey compared to other options).

Check out the first ring in this thread: :love::love:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-maytal-hannah-thread.231619/

TimMD

Shiny_Rock
I actually recently bought close to what you are looking at, wound up with a 1.524 H VVS1 BGD round in cushion halo in platinum from Brian Gavin called the "Anita". It is a beautiful setting and I was very happy with it at the price and even more beautiful in person. Mine came out to a couple thousand more than your budget but I think you can still get close especially they commonly have specials or coupon codes (had one for the final four when I bought, you could ask what they have now or coming up). I posted a couple diamonds below, if you were comfortable going to I, the first is a good sized stone and the second is just below 1.4 but H. I just thought I would share since I just bought and sounds close to what you are looking for. I will post my thread below with some pics and short video. Good luck to you.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/handbags-and-diamonds.248272/

https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/.../1.535-i-vs1-round-diamond-ags-c-104104597097
https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/.../1.378-h-vs1-round-diamond-ags-c-104104597092

SETTING: https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/...and-side-stones/the-anita-halo-platinum-5950p

sep004

Rough_Rock
The VC Emilya is my favorite of the ones listed and suggested. Talk to him about the center stone. I can't recommend BG (sorry, TimMD!) after my necklace debacle (still not resolved).

TimMD

Shiny_Rock
The VC Emilya is my favorite of the ones listed and suggested. Talk to him about the center stone. I can't recommend BG (sorry, TimMD!) after my necklace debacle (still not resolved).
Yea as has always been said, even recommended vendors have bad days, I have had issues with one previously also that I no longer would use. For me, Brian Gavin has always been awesome and I think have bought from them 3 times and dealt a lot with them before buying with others other times. I only brought them up because of the similarity of the setting I just got last week to the ones he listed. I am sorry about your debacle :( I hope you get resolution.

get it right once

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the feedback everyone, I appreciate it. TimMD, I hadn't considered the Anita so thank you - your ring is gorgeous by the way!

Small follow-up question to diamonds recommended by tyty333 and TimMD: If had two H&A diamonds that were same size and price, but one was an H SI1 and the other an I VS1, is there a consensus as to how one should choose? Would choice if setting affect the decision process?

Thank you!

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
As long as it was eyeclean, H SI1 for sure! As between eyeclean stones you aren't going to see the difference in clarity, but differences in color are visible to most people, so I would definitely pick the stone with a higher color grade.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Depends if the SI is eyeclean and whether you’re color-sensitive or -tolerant

get it right once

Rough_Rock
As told to by a rep of one of the reputable vendors, yes the SI1 is eyeclean. Is there any past precedent for such a level of assurance to in fact be inaccurate?

Thanks again!

TimMD

Shiny_Rock
Well I would like to think "reputable" at least reputable in this forum would definitely be eye clean. The ones mentioned thus far I would trust without issue in regards to that. I agree with the comments above in reference to color although I personally like a vs2 or above but has nothing to do with performance of beauty to the eye, a long horror story regarding looking under a scope before I knew anything about diamonds and I like louping the stone. It is all about preference but performance wise I think you will be good with a super ideal H and eye clean SI1. I am anxious to see the finished product.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
35A6AE90-806D-49BC-87DF-7E3AF220B728.jpeg 8664CE0A-D261-462C-8D3B-64A6B821ECCA.jpeg A little late to the party, as I have recommended in the past.....you could try Chris at BE.
I did for wife's ring, price was the best of the one's I researched for halos.
Good luck.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results