shape
carat
color
clarity

Round Brilliant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rc2005

Rough_Rock
Any help will be so much appreciated! We really want to get this right and be happy with this ring!

Round Brilliant
1.96 Carat
Measurements: 7.76 - 7.91 x 5.12 mm
Depth 65.3%
Table 56%
Girdle Slightly thick to thick faceted
Culet Very small
Polish Good
Symmetry Good
Clarity VVS2
Color G
Fluorescence None
Crown angles Greater than 35 degrees

Do we have enough info? Seems like everyone else has much more details about the stone. This one is set in platinum setting as solitaire.
$20,000. Deal or not?

Million thanks for you feedback.
Renee

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
just based on the cutting I would say NOT. Go look at a few more stones, try to see some with 56% tables that are cut in the 60-62% depth, I think you will see that they are MUCH more beautiful. At 65% depth you are going to have a dark center on that stone. You can do better, keep looking.

Wink

P.S. That opinion does not include any valuation on the mounting and my opinion is based soley on the cutting, I did not evaluate the price.

romwarrior88

Rough_Rock
You should really try to get crown and pavilion angles and see what comes up on the HCA (click on 'cut adviser' link on top of the forum pages. See if the vendor can run a sarin report for you...

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
WAY too deep - will face up like a 1.75ct. stone not a 2ct. - look for 59-61% depth and a thin-med-maybe sl. thick girdle.

Is this a GIA graded stone? - if not, it could be even worse than represented.

Stone is out of round also.

You can do much better on cut quality/beauty.

No comment on price.

bling

Shiny_Rock
sorry, but i have to agree with the others..you are paying for alot of weight youll never see... the stone is pretty deep, and the girdle is thick..both add to ct weight not seen when looking at the ring from the top..the most important view!
1.gif

also, it does say that the crown angle is above 35..which is steep, unless you can get a pavillion angle as well, and its in the low 40.-something...you want to avoid high pavillion and crown angles together..steep and deep..no good.
im sure if you look around here, you will find somethign much much better at a great price. maybe someone will be nice enough to post a few for ya! sorry!
appl.gif
read.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I second everyone else's opinions, plus I thought I'd mention that you can go waaaaaay down in clarity and save a lot of $$$ there. And a well cut stone faces up much "whiter" than poorly cut ones, so you may be very surprised about "how low" you can go color-wise, too. Just my humble 2 cents!

Lynn

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results