shape
carat
color
clarity

rough rock vs. cut rock?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

69gm

Shiny_Rock
okay sorry if this is a stupid question and it''s been answered a millions times before and i''m just blind that i didn''t see the answer somewhere on some FAQ but...what was i saying now?
confused.gif
2.gif

oh yeah, i was just curious...what make some people "rough rock"s and some "cut rock"s. at first i thought it was the people in the biz that were the "cut rock"s but then i found some of them were not. they were just people who started out like me looking for a diamond and finally learned enough that they think they can help others. i also found that some people that sound like they''re in the biz are likewise "rough rock"s. there went that theory.

then i thought maybe it was the amount of posts. after all the more you can contribute, the better, right? but then i discovered that some "cut rocks" had less than 100 posts while some "rough rocks" had 200+!
confused.gif

now i know this has nothing else to do with anything except to satisfy my silly curiousity but i just thought i would ask...especially since i noticed that leonid was logged on.

sorry if this was a worthless question. just wondering since i couldn''t figure out a pattern here...and you know some of us geeks...like every angle on the sarin report, we just gotta know everything!
9.gif

thanks for your time!

Meraj

Rough_Rock
Good question. I'm wondering too!!!

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
Hense the reason for my "Signature"

I like to make the most of being such a newbie!
HAHAHA! (ok well I am not THAT new, but you know what I mean)

rolleyes.gif

69gm

Shiny_Rock
hey rich,

i'm sure there are many of us out here who already consider you a "set rock".
2.gif

and DG,

i've always loved your sig...and along with your avatar...OOO LA LA!
9.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
----------------
On 6/21/2003 7:40:47 AM 69gm wrote:

okay sorry if this is a stupid question and it's been answered a millions times before and i'm just blind that i didn't see the answer somewhere on some FAQ but...what was i saying now?
confused.gif
2.gif

oh yeah, i was just curious...what make some people "rough rock"s and some "cut rock"s. at first i thought it was the people in the biz that were the "cut rock"s but then i found some of them were not. they were just people who started out like me looking for a diamond and finally learned enough that they think they can help others. i also found that some people that sound like they're in the biz are likewise "rough rock"s. there went that theory.

then i thought maybe it was the amount of posts. after all the more you can contribute, the better, right? but then i discovered that some "cut rocks" had less than 100 posts while some "rough rocks" had 200+!
confused.gif

now i know this has nothing else to do with anything except to satisfy my silly curiousity but i just thought i would ask...especially since i noticed that leonid was logged on.

sorry if this was a worthless question. just wondering since i couldn't figure out a pattern here...and you know some of us geeks...like every angle on the sarin report, we just gotta know everything!
9.gif

thanks for your time!----------------

Hi 69gm-I emailed leonid about this topic about 4 months ago by then i had reached about 100 posts. When you reach about 100 posts or so is about when you are labeled a "Cut Rock". I think the time frame that Leonid updates this feature might play a role in the discrepency with numbered posts you see. For example the contributor FURTHERMORE had close to 300 posts and joined pricescope about a month ago (What a Blabbermouth...lol...just joking furthermore...
9.gif
) I think when leonid finds time he updates this feature but in the meantime some of the exceptions like Furthermore and others that contibute quite a bit maintain their Rough Rock status until Leonid has a chance to catch up with updating the titles.

-Josh RIoux
Sitka, Alaska
10.gif

Nate

Shiny_Rock
I don't think its a feature Leonid has to run every once in a while. Its much more likely that certain criteria have to be met, then it happens automatically. If it isn't the number of posts, maybe it is the amount of time since you registered? Or maybe it is something Leonid does on an individual basis.

Hey Furthermore, we became members on the same day!
1.gif

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
69gm - HEY THANKS!!

hee-hee-hee

naughty.gif

69gm

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 6/22/2003 2:18
6.gif
2 PM Furthermore wrote:

Seriously, cut rock, schmut rock - doesn`t matter. ;-)))) Just so long as we`re all having fun, eh ? ;-)))

Best regards blah blah blah yadder yadder yaddder
Furthermore ;-))

and hi to Scorpion. ;-)))))))

----------------

hi furthermore,

i agree with you 1000%! as long aw we're all chillin' here and havin'a good time, that's all that matters.
1.gif

of course a little less chatter from you might be nice every now and then.

just kidding! put the chair down!!!
2.gif
9.gif

69gm

Shiny_Rock
DG,

hehehe...
naughty.gif

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
I wrote "Please make me a cut rock!" on the back of a twenty dollar bill and mailed it to Leonid.

Worked like a charm.

69gm

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 6/22/2003 10
6.gif
1:43 PM Rank Amateur wrote:

I wrote "Please make me a cut rock!" on the back of a twenty dollar bill and mailed it to Leonid.

Worked like a charm.
----------------

so that's it! i knew there had to be an angle. well a man's gotta eat i suppose.
naughty.gif

hey leonid, the checks in the mail!
9.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 6/22/2003 10
6.gif
1:43 PM Rank Amateur wrote:

Worked like a charm.
----------------

YOU PAID ONLY $20?!?!?!?! Why, I oughta........!!!!!!!!!

Leonid, it appears I'm due a refund. Thank you. Hee hee heeeeeeeee.
naughty.gif
naughty.gif
Up_to_something.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I want to be an 'A Cut Above' rather than 'A Cut Rock'

What other cool ideas could we give Leo in case he decides to upgrade the system? Like he needs more work to do.
2.gif

For the troublemakers, we could call them 'Warped Rocks'

9.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 6/23/2003 3:12:59 PM Mara wrote:

9.gif

----------------

I love this. We will have to keep it in mind - WR for short.
9.gif
9.gif

Hongerhond

Rough_Rock
Or Strained Rocks.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 6/23/2003 4
6.gif
8:55 PM Hongerhond wrote:

Or Strained Rocks.
----------------

9.gif

Who would trump whom?

jlim

Shiny_Rock
I think troublemakers should be called Mara or Fire&Ice
9.gif

But seriously, what's the point? Is credibility of a poster dependent on how many posts he or she made? If that's the case, I'll just reply to each and every post saying "buy from x, y, z vendor" or "cool stone".

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
It is just for fun and depends on number of posts
1.gif

However, we can turn it into something more serious - suggestions are welcome
1.gif

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
>>? If that's the case, I'll just reply to each and every post saying "buy from x, y, z vendor" or "cool stone".<<

Now that would get you into the "clique" on DT.

69gm

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 6/23/2003 3:12:59 PM Mara wrote:

9.gif

----------------

did you call?
9.gif

i'm glad to see so many humorous replies to my topic. glad to see everyone's having fun with it!
2.gif
after all, that's what this forum is about in the end, right?

69gm

Shiny_Rock
hey i just noticed i've been upgraded!
9.gif

boy was i blind or what not to notice until now...
errrr.gif

hey DG, you'll have to change your sig now. you've been upgraded too. anyone have any suggestions for her new signature?

Nate

Shiny_Rock
BAAAAM!!

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
HEY ME TOO!!!!!!
appl.gif

Awwweee crapola, now I have to find a new SIGNATURE!??!!

errrr.gif

canadianice

Rough_Rock
For DancinGirl's signature, how about:

"I'm a CUT ROCK in all the right places..."
naughty.gif

69gm

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 6/24/2003 1
6.gif
4:17 AM canadianice wrote:

For DancinGirl's signature, how about:

"I'm a CUT ROCK in all the right places..."
naughty.gif

----------------

3.gif
9.gif
naughty.gif
appl.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 6/24/2003 7:38:39 AM Richard Sherwood wrote:

I like the cut of that rock...
----------------

All the right angles?
9.gif

scotch

Rough_Rock
Over at DT, the levels go like this: Guest, Zircon, Opal, Turquoise, Sapphire, Emerald, Banned
14.gif
sad.gif

Scotch

scotch

Rough_Rock
****Ooops, double post.*****

Over at DT, the levels go like this: Guest, Zircon, Opal, Turquoise, Sapphire, Emerald, Banned
14.gif
sad.gif

Scotch

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results