shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Rose gold and diamonds remodel!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I can only assume I was temporarily dead when these 2 gorgeous rings passed through SMTB! @GeorgieQ - these are both STUNNING!

I love a good gypsy ring, and this is a VERY good gypsy ring! I love the AVC cut, and this is the perfect setting for it. What a good eye you have, to go outside the box for something that really works WITH the stone. Nice job!

And your 5 stone...well! I've been a fan of smaller band rings set like this for some time (if you look at the thread by Niel "Just bands" you'll see my ring which is not dissimilar to this, tho it's an eternity - and also my 5 stone ruby and diamond band which is VERY similar to this). Anyway, all that to say, this is one of my all-time favorite ways of setting diamonds of this size - it's practical, elegant, and substantial - while still being a workable, safe, sturdy setting. But to do it in rose gold? Inspired!

Congratulations on these 2 beautiful additions and on your JOTW: well deserved!

WindyCitySparkle

Shiny_Rock
I absolutely love both. I too am a rose gold enthusiast! I have a new 5 stone that is similar to your original setting and could see resetting it like you did someday!

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
How did I miss these? LOVE a chunky ring and yours are perfection! Your diamond shines SO bright in it’s new setting. Congrats!
Thank you @Petalouda sorry I'm so late in giving my thanks! I liked your comment ages ago and then apparently completely forgot to reply :roll2: yes, I'm loving the more substantial feel of these rings, I think it actually makes them more comfortable. =)2

Well, I can only assume I was temporarily dead when these 2 gorgeous rings passed through SMTB! @GeorgieQ - these are both STUNNING!

I love a good gypsy ring, and this is a VERY good gypsy ring! I love the AVC cut, and this is the perfect setting for it. What a good eye you have, to go outside the box for something that really works WITH the stone. Nice job!

And your 5 stone...well! I've been a fan of smaller band rings set like this for some time (if you look at the thread by Niel "Just bands" you'll see my ring which is not dissimilar to this, tho it's an eternity - and also my 5 stone ruby and diamond band which is VERY similar to this). Anyway, all that to say, this is one of my all-time favorite ways of setting diamonds of this size - it's practical, elegant, and substantial - while still being a workable, safe, sturdy setting. But to do it in rose gold? Inspired!

Congratulations on these 2 beautiful additions and on your JOTW: well deserved!
Thanks so much @mrs-b that means the world coming from you! Your eternity was definitely inspiration for my 5 stone. It was surprisingly difficult to find images of wider diamond bands in yg or rg, so your images were very helpful in trying to envisage what my ring would look like. I'm so glad I made the change from wg to rg, I couldn't be happier! Thanks again for your lovely words. =)2

I absolutely love both. I too am a rose gold enthusiast! I have a new 5 stone that is similar to your original setting and could see resetting it like you did someday!
Thank you @WindyCitySparkle for your compliment. How beautiful is rose gold! I've loved rg forever and I'm so happy that I made the change. =)2

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All,

I wanted to share with you 2 much loved diamond rings that I have recently had remodelled and I am absolutely thrilled with the results.

My first ring is a 1ctw 5 stone from Whiteflash that I've had for a few years. I was finding that I was wearing it less and less as the setting just didn't suit my lifestyle. I kept catching it and bumping it on things and whilst I loved it, it really was a lovely setting, it just wasn't me. I needed something a little more low key and low set! So I had my 5 little aca's bead set into a fairly plain 18ct rose gold ring (with a touch of milgrain) and I just love it! I've worn it everyday since as it's so, so comfortable. The aca's still sparkle like mad and look just as beautiful as they did before (to me anyway).

My 2nd remodel is my AVC from my e'ring. My hubby and I are no longer together, we're best friends and always will be, and I still wanted to be able to wear my avc so I did a remodel. I wanted a ring that was understated, classic and low maintenance. I decided on 18ct, rose gold satin finish gypsy style setting. My avc is a .88ct N with sb fluorescence and I did wonder if it would throw more yellow being set in rose gold. I would have to say that yes, it probably does look a little creamier in colour compared to the old 18ct white gold setting, but all in all, it still looks pretty white to me, though I'm not colour sensitive at all.

I realise that my new rings won't appeal to everyone, but I love them! To me they are comfortable, understated and perfect for my lifestyle. Okay, on to the photos.....

Old setting for 5 stone
20201029_094430.jpg

New
20210127_180726.jpg
20210127_180806.jpg
20210130_174718.jpg

Okay I think these photos may be massive - sorry about that!

And my AVC in it's old setting
20201029_094514.jpg

And new
20210224_141028.jpg
20210224_141600.jpg
20210224_141729.jpg 20210224_141735.jpg

Thanks for letting me share! =)2

OMG I love this AVC and setting. It’s perfect. The satin finish goes so well with the stone!!

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
OMG I love this AVC and setting. It’s perfect. The satin finish goes so well with the stone!!

Awww thanks @Alybetter as I mentioned in your thread, as you can see in the pic below, the satin finish has started to wear away so it now has a slightly higher polished look than it did originally. I still love it though, there's nothing like an avc! =)2
20220116_173526.jpg

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
Awww thanks @Alybetter as I mentioned in your thread, as you can see in the pic below, the satin finish has started to wear away so it now has a slightly higher polished look than it did originally. I still love it though, there's nothing like an avc! =)2
20220116_173526.jpg

I genuinely might have a satin finish put on the setting I’m using now. I really prefer your reset, too, compared to your original setting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results