shape
carat
color
clarity

Rose Cut Diamond Necklace

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamond_dreamer

Rough_Rock
I designed this necklace and my jeweler made it for me. I think the workmanship was great and I do like it very much but the original rose cut diamond that I picked was better quality. I didn''t get what I original picked and I am very disappointed. I did told my jeweler.
I need to buy a pair of earrings and a nice diamond ring over 2 carats but I am not sure should I go back to the same jeweler. How can I ensure that I will get what I pick because I really want good quality diamond and good craftsmanship? It is very difficult to find honest jeweler with good price, good craftsmanship and great selection of diamonds. Especially I like to design my own jewelry. I need to find a jeweler will make it for me too.

RoseCutDiamond_1.JPG

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2008 10:38:54 PM
Author:diamond_dreamer
I designed this necklace and my jeweler made it for me. I think the workmanship was great and I do like it very much but the original rose cut diamond that I picked was better quality. I didn't get what I original picked and I am very disappointed. I did told my jeweler.

I need to buy a pair of earrings and a nice diamond ring over 2 carats but I am not sure should I go back to the same jeweler. How can I ensure that I will get what I pick because I really want good quality diamond and good craftsmanship? It is very difficult to find honest jeweler with good price, good craftsmanship and great selection of diamonds. Especially I like to design my own jewelry. I need to find a jeweler will make it for me too.

Why didn't you get the rose cut stone you chose? Isn't that what you paid for? The one you chose
33.gif

Did the jeweler swap the stone??

Don't understand your post.

If you chose a stone and paid for it. I don't understand why it wouldn't be in your pendant.

The pendant is lovely, though.

diamond_dreamer

Rough_Rock
First I selected the stone then the Jeweler made the pendant for me so someone can swap the diamond. I told my Jeweler it was not the same rose cut diamond that I selected. She told me that she didn''t check it before and after. She said it should be the same diamond and asked me if I am 100% sure. Actually I am 100% sure because the diamond I selected was very clean like a VS1 quality G color and this one has few small black spots and it looks like SI1 or SI2 quality. I didn''t get a straight answer from her when I asked her the quality of the rose cut diamond that I purchased. She is recommended by my friend so I don''t want to complain too much. I didn''t even tell my friend about it. The Jeweler said may be it was swap by the jewelry maker then she said she never has any problem before. The worst was that she told me I could select another rose cut diamond. When I went back she gave me few rose cut diamonds to select but the quality of the diamonds were very bad. All the rose cut diamonds were I1 I or J color quality. The first time she gave all clean and nice rose cut diamonds. My problem is that I do like the pendant very much, I just very upset that I didn''t get what I selected. I feel like that I am being cheated.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I just stumbled across your thread and I wanted to say how sorry I am for you. I do think the pendant is lovely, but if it''s not what you chose, you have every right to be very upset! If the woman is giving you vague answers, it looks like she''s in on whatever''s going on. If your friend had good luck with them, I''d tell her and maybe she could help you get it figured out. If the jeweler is reputable, they will be able to give you a good selection of stones to choose from.

If you can''t get it resolved, I''d definitely report it somehow.

Good Luck!

diamond_dreamer

Rough_Rock
I just want to telll everyone who love jewelry about my story. I never had any bad experience with my other jewelers and this is the first time. I couldn''t tell my friend. The jeweler is my friend''s relative so I am not going to report her. I just need someone to share my experience.

To say thank you for your support, I have attached a picture of my favorable brooch. I purchased this brooch in Paris few years ago. If you like antique, you may enjoy it. It is a very old brooch, around c. 1850 make with silver and gold, rose cut diamonds and old mine diamond.

rose cut brooch 1.jpg

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sorry that this happened. I understand why you don''t want to make a report. At the same time, I''m baffled at what she did. Jewelers usually treat family/friends with more care, since their reputation is online with the original customers.
If your jeweler would at least just take back the stone and refund you for it, then you can pick a stone somewhere else and have them set it for you. Just a thought...

Your brooch is beautiful!

diamond_dreamer

Rough_Rock

I think the jeweler will refund the money to me if I insisted but I didn''t. The reason is that it was customized based on my request and I do like it. Also the craftmanship is great and very difficult to find. Some of my jewelers will not do it for me because of the work involve. It is very hard to find rose cut diamond too. I am feeling better after sharing it with other people who love jewelry.

Again, to say thank you for your support, I posted one of my favorite brooch which I purchased in Paris. One of my jeweler said it is a reproduction. I am not so sure. Let me know if anyone who are into the antique jewelry. It does have the eagle essay on the side and at the back. The owner of the antique store where I purchased it said it is the original Art Nouveau.

ArtNouFrenchDiaPin1_Cut.jpg

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
I think your necklace is beautiful, but I understand your dilema! Rose cuts are fantastic, but really seem to show inclusions. My next project is to find one (perhaps take one out of an intique piece) and re-work it into a new piece. Is your stone antique? There are now some cutters in India cuttin rose cuts.....

diamond_dreamer

Rough_Rock
The rose cut diamond is new from India. It is very difficult to find nice old rose cut diamond. I love antique jewelry. I intend to enjoy old piece more than the new one. Good luck with your next project. I have included one of the antique necklaces. I think this one is around 1905. It is old rose cut diamonds with three opals. These opals are very translucent. I couldn''t capture the color. Hope you enjoy it.
Date: 2/28/2008 4:37:59 PM
Author: kellyfish
I think your necklace is beautiful, but I understand your dilema! Rose cuts are fantastic, but really seem to show inclusions. My next project is to find one (perhaps take one out of an intique piece) and re-work it into a new piece. Is your stone antique? There are now some cutters in India cuttin rose cuts.....

1905OpalDiaNecklace_Cut.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your jewelry is beautiful!

I would not accept that stone, though. It is not what you picked out and you should not accept it whether this person is a relative of your friend or not. And I would certainly never use them again. If you don''t stand up for your rights, no one else will.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Love the diamonds and opals! Stunning!!

1.gif

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
That necklace is a show-stopper. I'll bet so beautiful with a simple, solid (perhaps black?) colored dress......

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Your jewelry is absolutely stunning! I understand your post now. I think the rose cut pendant is gorgeous, and if you don't want to say anything to the jeweler, then you don't, but I would not use that jeweler again.

I love all of the pieces you've shown. They are exquisite!

Those opals!
30.gif

diamond_dreamer

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone.
21.gif
I will not use this jeweler again. Thanks for the advise. I need to look for another jeweler now. Have you ever buy anything from White Flash? I like their diamonds quality. I brought a pair of diamond studs from them and they are very nice. But they don''t have too many styles.

I attached one of my pins where I purchased it from Paris.

MoonDiaPin1_Cut.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also have diamond studs from WF. They do have the highest quality round diamonds. There have been many who have had WF make jewelry, but for intricate custom work, I''d lean more toward Leon Mege and Maytal Hannah since that is their specialty.

diamond_dreamer

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the information. I love the design from Leon Mege. His website has great collections. Even I can''t afford it but it is great to look at them.
10.gif

I found this designer - Lucie Campbell in Boston. She has a website and also selling her jewelry at ylang ylang. She sells both her own design and antique jewelery. I have attached the picture of the necklace I purchased and designed by Lucie Campbell. The picture is not very clear.

Lucie Campbell_necklace_cut.JPG

diamond_dreamer

Rough_Rock
Also I have attached a picture of the diamond ring from Lucie Campbell website a while ago. I think the ring is very elegance so kept the picture, but I don''t have the ring.
7.gif

Lucie Campbell_diamond_ring_cut.jpg

BlueJeans

Shiny_Rock
What a pretty collection!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results