shape
carat
color
clarity

Rolex

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sgc0286

Rough_Rock
I just got a new job and i was thinking about buying a rolex. I went to there site but it doesnt say where to find one at. And just how much am i looking at spending?

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Rolex has quite a few different products and the prices vary considerably depending on which you choose. Most of their dealers advertise fairly heavilly in the local markets. Where are you, perhaps someone here will know the name of your local dealer.

Rolex USA is 1800-367-6539

Neil Beaty, GG ISA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

sgc0286

Rough_Rock
I live in the Columbus, Ohio area.

JC

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on the new job! It must be a nice job to go out and get a rolex. I'm not sure how much you will spend, but it will be a pretty penny.....Good luck.

wavey.gif

z78gml

Shiny_Rock
DEPENDING ON WHAT TYPE OF ROLEX YOU CHOOSE. BUT IT STARTS FROM APPX $2500.00 AND UP . THIS WAS LAST YEARS PRICES . I KNOW THE PRICES DID GO UP.

LADY OYSTER STAINLESS STEEL WITH PINK FACE I PAID $ 2900.00

MALE THUNDERBIRD, DATE JUST, WHITE GOLD BEZEL, ROMAN NUMERIAL PLATINUM FACE, STAINLESS STEEL BODY AND BAND. - PAID $3700.00

WE PURCHASED OUR WATCHES AT A ROLEX DEALER IN ALHAMBRA,CA . IT WAS NICE BECAUSE WE CAN PICK AND CHOOSE THE FACE AND BAND STYLES.

HOPE THIS HELPS - ALSO YOU CAN BARGAIN A BIT. AT LEAST WHERE I WAS AT. THE ABV PRICES INCLUDED THE TAXES ON THE WATCHES.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Back in the late 1980s I bought my now ex-husband a 18K Rolex President with a Champange Tapestry Dial. I think it was around $12K at the time. I don't have a clue what they cost now but am sure glad that my current husband (websailor) is perfectly happy wearing a Fossil his sister gave him for Christmas.

p.s. being that 18K is relatively soft, the links were already showing wear before he divorced me in 1993. He probably would have been better off with stainless steel.

Editted to say: On October 14th, decided to buy websailor the Stainless Steel "Date" model because he wanted a watch that was waterproof and didn't need a battery. Got off cheap at $3400 because I found out that the Rolex President is now $19,200. Its not that websailor isn't worth it, but rather he is really hard on his jewelry (has already gouged up 3 wedding bands) and in not an 18K kind of guy. Remember, he chose pizza for his birthday over a 5 star restaurant.

BigDs2002v6

Rough_Rock
GEEZZZ, I NEED A NEW JOB!!
15.gif

Anyone have any ideas of some good job's that dont take that much schooling?? haha

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
There is a jeweler in Lima that carries the newest styles. Von's diamonds and golg on Elida Rd.
Not the friendliest employees (I have heard) but quality watches.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sge0286
today a 18k day-date model retail for $18,500 ,if you know where to go it can be purchase for about $12,800.i bought my in 1992 for $8500,but since i bought a 18k pink gold Lange & Sohne model #1 (german made) 2 yrs ago i stop wearing the rolex.rolex is build like a tank they can take a lot of punishment ,but they are nowhere near the top when it comes to the best watches in the world,because lack of detailing in their movements.people think they are the best because they spend millions on advertising the brand.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 10/5/2004 3:03:38 PM BigDs2002v6 wrote:

15.gif

Anyone have any ideas of some good job's that dont take that much schooling?? haha ----------------

BigD
yeah,but i don't think those are legal.
naughty.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I wouldn't rate Rolex as the best time keepers. The feel of wearing is what drew me. It feels good on my wrist & I can do anything w/ it except type. I can not wear it when I type as it hurts my arm.

And you really do have tons of choices. Color of dial. Style of numbers. Kind of bezel. Date/datejust. At the end of the day, I have the datejust stainless w/ 18k white gold bezel. I find the stainless bezel to be less "refined". I paid about 3k. Do make sure you buy it from an authorized Rolex dealer. They can discount; but, only so much or else they will loose their dealership. The warranty is two years now. Buying from a jobber will void the warranty.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/5/2004 3:03:38 PM BigDs2002v6 wrote:

15.gif

Anyone have any ideas of some good job's that dont take that much schooling?? haha ----------------

Repeat this line:
"do you want fries with dat?"

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Hey- how about you guys post pics of your Rolex watches?
9.gif

lenhejo

Rough_Rock
Pearlmans Jewelers in Michigan specializes in Rolex watches Bill Pearlman, the owner, is a pleasure to work with. I recently purchased two three sided Michael B settings from them. Check out his web site at www.pearlmansjewelers.com. Plus if you buy online and you are out of state you avoid paying any sales tax. Good luck and congratulations on your new job.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Black dial w/ 18K stick/baton 'numbers', 18k white fluted bezel, jubillee stainless band. I built my own & jeweler ordered from Rolex.

I think Lop has the version w/ the more expensive diamond dial. Dials, bezels,bands all determine the price.

rolley.JPG

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Thanks F&I. Nice

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/6/2004 12:16:34 PM fire&ice wrote:

Black dial w/ 18K stick/baton 'numbers', 18k white fluted bezel, jubillee stainless band. I built my own & jeweler ordered from Rolex.

I think Lop has the version w/ the more expensive diamond dial. Dials, bezels,bands all determine the price. ----------------

Great looking watch F&I!

Yes, I have the stainless band and bezel (didn't know you could mix those
6.gif
) with a blue face with small diamonds for numbers. I think DH paid between $3k and $4k. He bought it in Europe, as we had never seen one like it in the states, and the dollar was stronger then. I agree with you. The feel of the watch on my arm is wonderful.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/6/2004 12:41:40 PM lop wrote:

----------------

Great looking watch F&I!

6.gif
) with a blue face with small diamonds for numbers. ----------------

Thanks! Rolex does have some thresholds for certain combinations. I don't think they will put the fluted gold bezel on the date - only the datejust. I didn't see any watch as is that I liked. The jeweler suggested that I order it (kinda like a car from the factory). It worked out well - getting exactly what I want...............BUT...........my presboypia is getting worse & the black dial is getting hard to read
cry.gif
cry.gif
Oh, the stuff we do in the name of vanity!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
my wife wears a 18k/ss date-just with champagne diamond dial.one thing about rolex,you can change the dial or the bezel like you change a dress.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/6/2004 12:41:40 PM lop wrote:

----------------

I think Lop has the version w/ the more expensive diamond dial. Dials, bezels,bands all determine the price. ----------------

Great looking watch F&I!

6.gif
) with a blue face with small diamonds for numbers. I think DH paid between $3k and $4k. He bought it in Europe, as we had never seen one like it in the states, and the dollar was stronger then. I agree with you. The feel of the watch on my arm is wonderful.
----------------

Yep -- I can't really tell time with my watch without glasses these days.
6.gif
Sometimes is just easier to ask DH what time it is
9.gif
. But, it is a great looking piece of jewelry. I loved this combo the first time I saw it in a store in Scotland. I liked many other combos, but none was just right.

Vtigger -- I heard that you couldn't change faces and bezels as easily anymore as Rolex has made them hard to get to try to reduce the number of fakes out there. Maybe I should get one with BIG numbers!

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhh, you guys are stoking smoldering embers. I almost bought a Rolex last year, but couldn't decide between an IWC, Cartier Pasha or a Rolex. Then I got distracted and started buying diamonds for my wife instead.
2.gif

What did you guys look at other than Rolex and why did you decide on Rolex?

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/6/2004 4:14:36 PM noobie wrote:

----------------

First, my friend changed out her dial to white as her blue dial faded after a number of years. This was about 3 years ago. Rolex is very controlling when it comes to parts. Certain dials are not allowed w/ certain models. After market componets not only voids the warranty, Rolex refuses to work on them.

As far as other watches, believe me - I looked & looked & looked. I didn't want a Rolex b/c of the "stigma" attached & the cost premium. But, it felt the best. Truly, all else was third tier. I tried on Tags, Weil, - you name it. I was only interested in watches that were seriously water resitant. The closest second was the Swiss Army Watch. I have a Cartier Tank w/ croc strap that I have absolutely loved all these years. It was seriously tempermental around water. I got to the point wear I was only wearing it for dress. I wore my Swatch watch during the day. Prior to that I was wearing a timex child's watch w/ really cool graphics on how to tell time. It was quite the contrast w/ my 3 c anni ring.
9.gif
I always wear a watch. So, I thought - why not bite the bullet. It is fondly called "my watch for gardening" - which really started the ball rolling.

That said, hubby went through the same search about 4 years ago. He tried on every watch imaginable. He is not a flashy guy at all. He didn't like the feel of the Brietling. He wanted a water proof watch also. After angsting through the guilt (I had to put it on *my* credit card w/o him watching the transaction), he bought the Rolex Sea Dweller. Prior to that he had the Hamilton Army Watch. He had the same problem w/ the band & watch getting wet or else he would keep replacing the Hamilton. His only negative comment about the Sea Dweller is that it is heavy by the end of the day. The Sea Dweller differs from the Sea Mariner in that there is no date bubble (something that appealed to my Architortural hubby - design above all). The Sea Dweller also can dive more feet (a non-issue).

I'd go try on some watches & see what appeals to you. Costco has a nice selection. Also, there are some really not well know makers that make swell time pieces. Good luck.
9.gif

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
lly stayed away from Rolex because of the marketing hype as well and looked at smaller Swiss brands such as IWC. But Rolex do seem to fit well. I wore a Swatch for years as well (went through many batteries and bands)

I have a Tag that I wore for ten years that my wife gave me as a wedding present; and now usually wear an Omega. I guess watches is my jewelry hobby.

Strange thing is I agonize for years over dropping a few K on a watch for me, but have no problems spending 20K on diamonds for my wife. Go figure
8.gif

Hey maybe I should return that diamond band I just bought her and buy myself a watch. What do you guys think? (J/K)

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/6/2004 5:08:18 PM noobie wrote:

Hey maybe I should return that diamond band I just bought her and buy myself a watch. What do you guys think? (J/K)
----------------

Oh dear! I thought this would be an "additive" hobby -- not a "subtractive" one
6.gif

I bought the Rolex just because I love the fit and feel. I'm not a brand person, and don't even recognize most big branded items, I just buy what I like. This was a "big" birthday present a few years ago, and I still love it. I've had lots of other watches (none as pricy as this), and typically would wear them on and off, depending on my mood, and eventually get tired of them. I don't think I've worn any of my other watches since I've had this one. My DH was the same. He had a gold swiss watch that I gave him, plus multiple others. Once I gave him the 2-tone jubilee datejust with a black face, the rest haven't come out of the safe.

On the waterproof front F&I, make sure the winding screw is securely tightened around water. DH went swimming once without it being tight, and that was a pricey repair bill!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 10/6/2004 4:14:36 PM noobie wrote:

Ahhh, you guys are stoking smoldering embers. I almost bought a Rolex last year, but couldn't decide between an IWC, Cartier Pasha or a Rolex. Then I got distracted and started buying diamonds for my wife instead.
2.gif

----------------

noobie
i like the following watch company ,only their mechanical movement models.(no quartz models)

Jaeger-le coultre :ex value for this kind of craftsmenship.

Patek Philippe :long history in watch making and of course top notch finish.

Lange & Sohne: made in germany,beautiful finish detailed movements.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lop
you can have almost any watch maker change the dial or the bezel on your rolex,if your model is a date-just it would be easier to find the parts,in fact i use to have a few dials laying around but i sold them all.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone have any experience or know about Breguet or Blancpain?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/1/2004 4:42:53 PM
Author: noobie
Does anyone have any experience or know about Breguet or Blancpain?
noobie
i never own one these,but you should be able to get about 35% off of retail price.

scottycam

Rough_Rock
Worldofwatches.com

Its authentic and very discounted...

shirsch

Rough_Rock
I just bought a mens'' ss Datejust oyster Rolex w/ Jubilee band in nyc in the diamond district. I have never seen so many Rolexes in my life. I figured they must all be authentic, or they would be shut down. Now I would like to change the dial, and I live in Alabama. I paid 3100 for the watch with box, papers etc. Please let me know if anyone can direct me to purchase or trade the dial.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results