shape
carat
color
clarity

Rolex

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

asschergrl

Rough_Rock
Any advice for purchasing a Ladies Rolex? What do you think of the date adjust line? What style seems to be the most timeless? Thank you in advance for your advice
35.gif
!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Hi asschergrl! Welcome to PS!
35.gif

Unfortunately, I am not that familiar with Rolexes, however, you might find that you receive greater responses if you post your question in the Jewelry Pieces forum.

Good luck!

bruceb916

Rough_Rock
try www.timezone.com

You can find tons of information about Rolex and many other brands.

edl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/18/2008 1:05:21 PM
Author:asschergrl
Any advice for purchasing a Ladies Rolex? What do you think of the date adjust line? What style seems to be the most timeless? Thank you in advance for your advice
35.gif
!
It depends on what you intend to use it for, but the datejust (DJ) is generally considered to be their standard timeless/classic watch.

That being said, it''s trendy to have a large case size, and I have seen women wearing men''s sizes. The case is only 36mm. If you have a larger wrist, I''d give that serious thought.

Other notable Rolex watches:

Submariner (blue/gold)
SS Daytona (good luck getting one at list price!)
Ceramic GMT II
President

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/18/2008 10:49:01 PM
Author: edl

35.gif
!
It depends on what you intend to use it for, but the datejust (DJ) is generally considered to be their standard timeless/classic watch.

That being said, it''s trendy to have a large case size, and I have seen women wearing men''s sizes. The case is only 36mm. If you have a larger wrist, I''d give that serious thought.

Submariner (blue/gold)
Ceramic GMT II
President
dream on !!
9.gif

edl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/19/2008 1:31:22 AM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 11/18/2008 10:49:01 PM
Author: edl

35.gif
!

Submariner (blue/gold)
Ceramic GMT II
President
dream on !!
9.gif
Haha I know! My brother managed to find one for $2K over list in Hawaii, he''s a lucky guy.

Kingdiamond

Rough_Rock
I think the OP means "DateJust"

Earlier response was a good one, look at www. timezone.com

They also have FS boards, but be careful of scams, need to check references.

Stay away from the "bay", too many scams.

If you want an new one from an AD, shop around, now is a good time, they are hurting due to this economy and some going out of business.

Kingdiamond

Rough_Rock
Wanted to add something else:

I am a watch enthusiast, actually a Rolex enthusiast.

However, I do not like Rolex watches on women, this is subjective and my taste.

I needed 2 fine timepieces, one for the wife and the other for daughter, went to the store with both, tried on the Rolex and found them to be "clunky", again, my opinion.

Ended up buying Cartier Demoiselle for wife, and Ladies Roadster for the daughter. Take a look at the Cartier Ladies roadster for yourself if you like Rolex size watches on women. Very good discounts to be had on Cartier from some AD''s. The one I got for the daughter was with the pink/salmon dial, but there are others. Best of luck.

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Ditto on the advise for the Cartier Roadster for women. I love mine, and love the option to change out the bands to change the look. It is however, a bold look and may not be for you if you are looking for a smaller model.

My AD is offering all Cartier models at 20% off list.

Having said that, I would not kick a SS midsize Rolex off the couch either
2.gif

Kingdiamond

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/19/2008 11:24:41 AM
Author: HeartingDiamonds
Ditto on the advise for the Cartier Roadster for women. I love mine, and love the option to change out the bands to change the look. It is however, a bold look and may not be for you if you are looking for a smaller model.

My AD is offering all Cartier models at 20% off list.

Having said that, I would not kick a SS midsize Rolex off the couch either
2.gif

Glad you agree, it is a wonderful looking piece.

Don't know how I would get this to someone, but my AD gives 30% off list.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I have a ladies Datejust with a diamond dial, and I really like it. I know bigger watches are trendy for women right now, but I don''t see that as a timeless style. Plus if you have a small wrist, a larger watch may look odd.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results