shape
carat
color
clarity

Roberto Coin Cento for a pendant?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

miss toy

Rough_Rock
My mother has agreed to buy a diamond pendant for my upcoming graduation, and she said I could pick it, so now I'm on the hunt for a diamond. I'm open to color to I, and clarity to SI1. Of course, I'd like to maximize the amount of sparkle for the money.

The budget for everything is $5,000.

I found this Roberto Coin diamond on Good Old Gold's website, and was wondering what other people think. I haven't seen a Roberto Coin Cento in real life, so I'm not sure what it looks like. I kind of like the pattern of the facets in the picture though.

It looks like the comparable would be an Expert selection round from Whiteflash.

Alternatively, I think I could probably get a 0.9 carat ACA from whiteflash.

What do you think? I don't think there will be a significant size difference, but I was wondering about what people think about what the "personalities" of these stones might be like.

Thanks everyone!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi miss,

I''ve never seen a RC in person either, but what I have noticed in looking at their Idealscope pics is that they all have a somewhat "leaky" center. Also, the cut on this is geared more towards brilliance/white light, not so much fire. If that pleases you, then you might like it. If you want a better blend of brilliance and fire, I would go for a regular cut diamond cut. Personally, that''s what I would get, but that''s just me!

The ES stone looks fine, and that''s a nice size!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Such a big purchase, is better to have an idea of what are you buying. I will go safe and get a RB cut if it was my decision.

miss toy

Rough_Rock
Thanks Ellen and Gaby!

I am just throwing ideas out there. The Roberto Coin stone just looked so *interesting.* All of the threads that came up in my search were regarding Roberto Coin pendants with tiny stones.

I''m pretty sure I want a single round stone, but shopping sure is fun. ;-)

I saw a really nice J today at a local store. While I don''t think it would work for an engagement ring, I think it would work as a pendant - just the tiniest bit of color, which I imagine would be barely noticeable on my neck. I wish I could see one with flourescence. I guess I should start another thread since that''s not really related to the Roberto Coin diamond anymore!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results