shape
carat
color
clarity

Roberto Coin Cento Bridal Collection Anyone?

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
Yesterday I found myself at the fine jewelry counter at Saks (since no other jewelry stores were open!), and I tried on both 5 and 7 stone wedding bands from Roberto Coin's Cento Bridal Collection and was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked them (especially the 5 stone since I thought I would be more of a 7 stone gal). The SA told me Robert typically uses G/H, VS or SI1 diamonds in the wedding bands, though you can custom request any color/clarity you like. Only problem with customizing is it is not returnable if you don't like it, and I am not willing to take that chance. As far the whole "cento" thing goes, the RBs are cut with 100 facets, as opposed to 57, which they claim gives light a longer refraction when it passes through, creating a kaleidoscopic effect. When I looked down, I also saw what I think were arrows (I say think because I have not had a chance to see a true H&A diamond IRL yet) in the 0.26 carat diamonds, which was kinda cool. Has anyone looked at these rings IRL, tried one on, owned one, etc? I'm curious for opinions and thoughts! :) TIA!
http://www.centocollection.com/

luxist

Rough_Rock
Hi! My first engagement ring and wedding band were from the Roberto Coin Cento collection. I also have a diamond tennis bracelet and solitaire earrings that are Cento (from the tulip line). The bridal set was from Ross Simon and the studs and bracelet were purchased at Saks. I love the Cento cut and have received many compliments on my studs and engagement ring. I had this engagement ring and the matching 5 stone band you mentioned:

http://dicholiday.hudsonunion.com/hiresimages/RobertoCoinCentoCollectionC-ProfileSolitaireRing.JPG

http://store.jrdunn.com/product-p/rc001019p65h6125.htm

I loved that the set was unique yet simple, however, there was something wrong with the way the main diamond was set in the engagement ring. I had it for 4 days and the diamond FELL OUT when I dropped it on my kitchen tile floor!!! I never got the chance to wear the wedding band since we decided it was best to return the entire bridal set. I think it all worked out for the best though. I was having doubts about the ring since Roberto Coin is a pretty new jeweler (less than 100 years) and I started to feel like my diamond looked like it was shattered since the facets were smaller. You might not have that problem with the wedding band though, since the stones are smaller. The Cento cut is super sparkly but I can notice more of the yellow hue in my G color studs than in a normal brilliant cut. My studs can look a little like shattered glass when they're dirty but they look great when clean.

As far as customizing your diamonds, will you be wearing the band on it's own or with another ring? I would get similar stones to match whatever ring(s) you plan to wear your Cento with. Otherwise, why don't you take it home and try it for a few days? Saks has a pretty good return/exchange policy! Good luck!

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for the reply, luxist! I cannot believe your stone fell out!! It's funny you mention noticing a yellow hue in your G color studs because I thought when I looked at the ring from the side yesterday that I too could see a bit of yellow. I thought I must have been crazy since the diamonds were G color! Your experience is enough to make me skip the wedding band since there are so many other similar options out there that I have heard nothing but rave reviews about on PS. What did you end up going with? :)

luxist

Rough_Rock
No problem, glad to help! I started thinking about this after your post but my Cento studs are GIA certified so I have no idea why they look more yellow to me than other GIA G colored stones. I can also notice color variations in my Cento tennis bracelet. I guess I'm just color-sensitive! Sounds like you are, too, though. :) I'm sure you can find a spectacular 7-stone band for the same money elsewhere! We ended up going with Cartier for my rings as well as his and couldn't be happier!

k82612

Rough_Rock
My fiance proposed with the Cento - C Profile engagement ring just a few weeks ago and I adore it. He got it from Neiman Marcus and it is a 1.2 carat with an AGS certification of G- VS2. It may be just a different experience because different stone, but it is absolutely gorgeous and white. My appraiser didn't even see a hint of yellow. It may be just a preference, but I really love the intense sparkle and the way it plays with the light because of the 100 facets. If you search on YouTube, there are a few videos that compare the fire and brilliance to a H&A, and other branded diamonds with more than regular number of facets.

Sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience!

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. So there is a GOG video (which I always love) on youtube comparing the Cento to two H&A stones. That would be a hard decision. That cento is different, but in a pretty cool way. I had not heard of this cut before. Very interesting. Thanks.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
k82612|1297727247|2851946 said:
My fiance proposed with the Cento - C Profile engagement ring just a few weeks ago and I adore it. He got it from Neiman Marcus and it is a 1.2 carat with an AGS certification of G- VS2. It may be just a different experience because different stone, but it is absolutely gorgeous and white. My appraiser didn't even see a hint of yellow. It may be just a preference, but I really love the intense sparkle and the way it plays with the light because of the 100 facets. If you search on YouTube, there are a few videos that compare the fire and brilliance to a H&A, and other branded diamonds with more than regular number of facets.

Sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience!

I have A Roberto Coin diamond pendant and I love it. I really like a lot of their designs.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have tried on Cento earrings and thought they were really pretty, but I went with H&A studs since my ring was H&A. (I do have a couple of other RC jewelry items and think they are very nice quality!)

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
A shot in the dark, and digging up an old post - but after ring shopping this past week (NEVER again in B&M) I also fell in love with the RC C profile ring... unfortunately. I was concerned with the possibility of the diamond coming out and it's steep price tag for 1.2 ?carats/tcw (20,000!!!). I was also told you are unable to get the setting without the diamond as well... which is another topic

If lux is still around, I couldn't find any posts of the ring you settled with after returning - i'm assuming a cartier style? If not around I'll just start another post with my experience (blah) and what experience between online and in person shopping. big eye opener!

thanks in advance!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results