shape
carat
color
clarity

Riviera Necklace Shopping

Diamond Best Friend

Rough_Rock
I am shopping for a Riviera graduated diamond necklace. I prefer the three prong mounting/setting, white gold. I've read about flipping. Any suggestions on where I can find the best value and price? Photos would be helpful. Thank you.

Diamond Best Friend

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, I bought mine from DeeJay jewellers on eBay. They are a US based manufacturer. The have over 3,000 sales for 100% positive. I live in Australia though international shipping by Fed ex while expensive (and with import taxes) was no hassle.
I bought the 12 carat total weight one for around $7,000.
they have many different carat weight options as well as yellow or white gold. They are mostly 4 prong set though and 18 inches in length.
I was very happy with the quality. The diamonds are white, eye clean and not cloudy at all.
The diamonds at front are large, the ones that go around the back are tiny.
I found that they do tend to flip. The 18 inch length helps though.
I solved my problem of flipping by adding, permanently, a diamond heart pendant. BF216787-F524-4EAD-B379-B20720CEBEA8.jpeg 5204E772-D66D-41D3-BB2D-EE19372DAD72.jpeg F13FDC59-8370-429F-ADEB-C2E79791F8DB.jpeg

Diamond Best Friend

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for your reply. Your necklace and heart pendant are stunning, I will check Dee Jay Jewelers out on eBay. The stones look very white, clear, and nicely cut. I'll let you know how this goes. Again, thank you for your information and great photos. Wear it in good health.

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m not lucky enough to own one, but have you seen this thread? https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/diamond-tennis-necklace-❤%EF%B8%8F.259197/

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi, I bought mine from DeeJay jewellers on eBay. They are a US based manufacturer. The have over 3,000 sales for 100% positive. I live in Australia though international shipping by Fed ex while expensive (and with import taxes) was no hassle.
I bought the 12 carat total weight one for around $7,000.
they have many different carat weight options as well as yellow or white gold. They are mostly 4 prong set though and 18 inches in length.
I was very happy with the quality. The diamonds are white, eye clean and not cloudy at all.
The diamonds at front are large, the ones that go around the back are tiny.
I found that they do tend to flip. The 18 inch length helps though.
I solved my problem of flipping by adding, permanently, a diamond heart pendant. BF216787-F524-4EAD-B379-B20720CEBEA8.jpeg 5204E772-D66D-41D3-BB2D-EE19372DAD72.jpeg F13FDC59-8370-429F-ADEB-C2E79791F8DB.jpeg

Is this the necklase from that recent thread in hangout ?
It is just to die for :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this the necklase from that recent thread in hangout ?
It is just to die for :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

Yes, its the one.
Didn’t know if I should have been offended that she assumed it was “costume jewellery” ! Maybe it’s because of the $10 tee shirts and $15 yoga pants I wear ha ha.
She was going to borrow my other silver necklace with CZ but with Covid restrictions here in Sydney the wedding has been indefinitely postponed. Sad.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, its the one.
Didn’t know if I should have been offended that she assumed it was “costume jewellery” ! Maybe it’s because of the $10 tee shirts and $15 yoga pants I wear ha ha.
She was going to borrow my other silver necklace with CZ but with Covid restrictions here in Sydney the wedding has been indefinitely postponed. Sad.

It is sad the wedding has had to be postponed but i saw 8 million of you are now vacinated in NSW
Hopeful you'll turn a corner soon

I think the bride's aunty, your work freind was sutibly embarrassed over the whole episode to make up for any unintended insult :lol-2:

Its a beautiful necklase
Just getting it out and looking at it must make you happy (even in these rather dark times)
I think it needs an outing to the premiere of the new bathroom !

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
We have been able to look at quite a few Riviera diamond necklaces at auction previews. One thing I've noticed in the necklaces that are graduated is the largest diamonds will almost invariably be the lowest quality. If they say the diamonds in the necklace are H-J/Si-I, then you can bet the largest stones will be J/I3. :eek-2:

I suppose that's how the maker kept the price down.

Diamond Best Friend

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your reply. I sense from your response you are "in the industry". I did have one necklace sent to me after being told it was G-H, SI 1-2. The stones were so bad the whole necklace was "milky". This is why I want to see and feel the necklace I am purchasing upfront, close, and personal. Otherwise I fear a bait and switch tactic.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your reply. I sense from your response you are "in the industry". I did have one necklace sent to me after being told it was G-H, SI 1-2. The stones were so bad the whole necklace was "milky". This is why I want to see and feel the necklace I am purchasing upfront, close, and personal. Otherwise I fear a bait and switch tactic.

I'm not sure who you are thanking, but no one on this thread is "in the industry". If they were they would have to have a "Trade"
emblem by their name. We do have some trade members but they are not allowed to "push" their wares. They are here to
provide education. (Just FYI)

BTW, I would contact ID Jewelry and see what they have to offer. Tell them you want Pricescope quality stones which will get
you a better cut of stones (usually for a slightly higher price I believe). The ring in my avatar is from ID Jewelry.

Diamond Best Friend

Rough_Rock
Awaiting the arrival of my Diamond Riviera Necklace. Well, after five months of arduous shopping in multiple jewelry stores both brick and mortar (local and out of state) and online, my husband and I finally made our purchase, it should arrive tomorrow. I am so thankful to this website/blog and to the many who have posted their shopping and purchase experiences. The information was so helpful and in fact steered us into a new diamond source for us, "DeeJay Jewelers" whom we finally made the purchase. I looked them up and gave them a call. Like those who did purchase from them, I called with questions several times, each time they were patient and reassuring. My situation was a bit unique, I needed the necklace two inches longer than the stock necklaces so it added some cost and time. Their procedure is you purchase the necklace, they send it to you, you either approve or disapprove and return it with the label they send you with specific instructions on boxing it back up, etc. The necklace we received for approval was absolutely beautiful, Eddie the owner said he hand picks and matches the stones to ensure, they are eye clean, bright, white, brilliant stones. Unlike what we had seen in some of the brick and mortar stores, which had stones which were milky and cloudy, or heavy in color, or heavily included. The DeeJay necklace is uniquely soldered in the very front where the biggest stones are, perhaps their design but it did prevent the necklace from flipping and somewhat weighted it keeping it in place. The lengthening process was to take one week door to door, they have held to that promise. Brick and Mortars told me it would take until mid to late January 2022.

We ended up with a 13+carat necklace in white gold, after lengthening it may be 14 carat. This was not the setting I had originally wanted, but when I saw how stunningly beautiful it was, highlighting the beauty of each of the stones, I changed my opinion of the setting it had to be. I believe Eddie at DeeJay told me they once manufactured the three prong setting but because it flipped they switched to this new four prong style. I will post photos once I receive it tomorrow. I am beyond excited. Wish me luck guys...Diamonds really are a girls best friend!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Awaiting the arrival of my Diamond Riviera Necklace. Well, after five months of arduous shopping in multiple jewelry stores both brick and mortar (local and out of state) and online, my husband and I finally made our purchase, it should arrive tomorrow. I am so thankful to this website/blog and to the many who have posted their shopping and purchase experiences. The information was so helpful and in fact steered us into a new diamond source for us, "DeeJay Jewelers" whom we finally made the purchase. I looked them up and gave them a call. Like those who did purchase from them, I called with questions several times, each time they were patient and reassuring. My situation was a bit unique, I needed the necklace two inches longer than the stock necklaces so it added some cost and time. Their procedure is you purchase the necklace, they send it to you, you either approve or disapprove and return it with the label they send you with specific instructions on boxing it back up, etc. The necklace we received for approval was absolutely beautiful, Eddie the owner said he hand picks and matches the stones to ensure, they are eye clean, bright, white, brilliant stones. Unlike what we had seen in some of the brick and mortar stores, which had stones which were milky and cloudy, or heavy in color, or heavily included. The DeeJay necklace is uniquely soldered in the very front where the biggest stones are, perhaps their design but it did prevent the necklace from flipping and somewhat weighted it keeping it in place. The lengthening process was to take one week door to door, they have held to that promise. Brick and Mortars told me it would take until mid to late January 2022.

We ended up with a 13+carat necklace in white gold, after lengthening it may be 14 carat. This was not the setting I had originally wanted, but when I saw how stunningly beautiful it was, highlighting the beauty of each of the stones, I changed my opinion of the setting it had to be. I believe Eddie at DeeJay told me they once manufactured the three prong setting but because it flipped they switched to this new four prong style. I will post photos once I receive it tomorrow. I am beyond excited. Wish me luck guys...Diamonds really are a girls best friend!

Yay! I have had very good experiences with Deejay. The diamonds really sparkle. Can’t wait to see your necklace!

Reactions: Kya

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
YAy! We cannot wait to see, please post tons of pictures when you get it :)

Diamond Best Friend

Rough_Rock
Hi Guys,
Well, I received the necklace as promised by Eddie on Wednesday and wore it for the first time on Thanksgiving. My husband surprised me with Rubellite Diamond Earrings for our anniversary, I wore them with the necklace. Just stunning. Here are the photos. The final necklace ended up at 13.77 TCW. Perfect size as I will wear it for casual too. I welcome your thoughts and questions. IMG-4165.jpg IMG-4190.jpg IMG-4193.jpg

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Guys,
Well, I received the necklace as promised by Eddie on Wednesday and wore it for the first time on Thanksgiving. My husband surprised me with Rubellite Diamond Earrings for our anniversary, I wore them with the necklace. Just stunning. Here are the photos. The final necklace ended up at 13.77 TCW. Perfect size as I will wear it for casual too. I welcome your thoughts and questions. IMG-4165.jpg IMG-4190.jpg IMG-4193.jpg

That looks like something you would find in the Queen’s treasury! The diamonds look completely crystal clear, like water! I am so envious. Amazing! Let us know how you like wearing it

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
They look stunning! Congrats! But where are the earrings? I would love to see them too if you're comfortable sharing :)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And no flipping?

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Love it! Looks perfect on you!

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Truly a gorgeous necklace, and what beautiful earrings your husband chose! Wear and enjoy in good health!!

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
This is a beautiful set! He’s a keeper! ;)2

dumbo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure who you are thanking, but no one on this thread is "in the industry". If they were they would have to have a "Trade"
emblem by their name. We do have some trade members but they are not allowed to "push" their wares. They are here to
provide education. (Just FYI)

BTW, I would contact ID Jewelry and see what they have to offer. Tell them you want Pricescope quality stones which will get
you a better cut of stones (usually for a slightly higher price I believe). The ring in my avatar is from ID Jewelry.

Agreed! Call Yekuitel; great quality diamonds at very fair pricing. I got a 6.7 TCW tennis bracelet for my wife from him for a crazy reasonable price: it was only 6.1" long and made for someone else who returned it, so he gave me a great deal as he said most women couldn't wear it. It was only $2500 more than the 4.5 carat bracelet we were originally talking about. My wife is tall and athletic and although she has small wrists, the 4.5 carat looked like something a girl would get for her junior high graduation when my wife wore it. You can get a tennis or riviera necklace from any number of jewelers on the web, as those necklaces are a bit of a commodity, so if you want something you know will be very well cut, I would skip the vetting process and go right to IDJ. You will spend probably 30% more than your bottom-of-the-barrel vendor selling a 10-carat for $7k, but if you are here on this forum, that extra money will be well spent.

Nothing against the "Super Ideal" vendors here ,but a nearly 7 carat bracelet from any of them was going to be double the price, minimum. As my wife has 8 carats of diamonds from Brian Gavin (studs and 3-stone pendant), I can speak to the quality of stones from IDJ as being very close in cut quality and certainly good enough for someone who appreciates the quality of well-cut stones.

The other option is an estate sale. You just want to make sure you buy from a good vendor who is giving you the quality of stones you are expecting. It is very tough to assess these from pictures. And, a well-known estate sale house probably charges as much as IDJ at any rate. There are a couple here in Dallas and they are asking full retail for estate pieces. Of course, people have more money than they know what to do with in Dallas, so that may not be the trend everywhere

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Guys,

Such a fabulous Riviera Necklace :kiss2: I hope youre wearing it often and loving it=)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results