shape
carat
color
clarity

Ritani - made to order or stock??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i have finally found the new setting for my stone and it is a ritani three stone, no halo or pave, platinum. i''m currently in the process of choosing the vendor and getting pricing (still waiting to hear from ERD and pearlman''s is supposed to call monday). a local b&m, who i like and feel pretty comfortable with, said i could a) buy the one they have in the store so long as my stone fits, b) order from ritani and have them set my stone when the setting arrives in 4-6 weeks, or c) send my stone in and have ritani set it, 4-6 weeks. however, he said ritani will just have a bunch of this setting already made in size 6, and when they get my stone they will just pick the one best suited for my stone, set it, and size it (i''m a 6.5 i think). in other words, he said, ritani would do it no different than they would do it in their store so i may as well take the one they have and get it faster. (i''m not at all in a hurry and don''t mind waiting the 4-6 weeks, however).

can anyone confirm if this is this correct? i thought if you sent in your stone ritani made the setting to order to best fit your stone and to your finger size. after all, if it''s already made and they just pop in your stone and size it, why would it take 6 weeks? and if this is how they in fact do it, do they pay any mind to choosing the best sizestone match for my diamond (size, color?) i''m not naive and understand he may just be trying to unload the one they have in stock,.

i think i prefer option b or c just because i prefer to have a setting that is completely new and only worn by me, assuming i go with this vendor, but until now i thought one of the benefits of going this route was a little more personalized service. if anyone has additional thoughts or opinions i am open to hearing them!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I personally would let Ritani do it. From what I understand they are custom made to fit your stone. For example, I have a small cushion and it fits PERFECTLY. I doubt that they could have just had this stock ring sitting around that just happened to fit my stone perfectly especially since it's an odd shape/size.

There's no reason to let this local jeweler set it except impatience and every reason to let Ritani do it IMO.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d let Ritani do it too and make a new setting for your stone. I''ve never heard that they just use their stock settings when a size 6 comes in but maybe it''s true?? either way, whichever vendor you choose, have them send it to Ritani..

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks guys, in my heart i think that is what i really want to do. it''s just that if what the jeweler is saying is true, then what is the benefit to risking sending my stone out and having something happen to it and not having it for 6 weeks (i''ll miss it - i''m one of those never-takes-it-off gals)? i suppose even if ritani has settings sitting around and just pick the closest fit for my diamond,THEY are experts at setting it just right, as has been said many times on PS. and now that i think of it, if it comes in and something doesn''t look right to me, they are more likely to fix it and make it right than if the jeweler has touched it. and if the jeweler sets it, and i''m not happy, ritani won''t fix it and i won''t want to use the same jeweler who didn''t do it perfect the first time around so i''ll be kinda stuck.

ok...... this is good.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results