shape
carat
color
clarity

Ripping yarns from scammers!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mongol

Rough_Rock
Hey:

Man you gotta hear some of these stories from scammers. During the past month I recieved about 4 emails from con artists claiming that they have rough Diamonds for sale. One guy claimed that he had access to several kilos of rough Diamonds and 600 Kg of Gold. Wow imagine 600Kg of Gold ,thats more than all the Gold in SL and of course you must send 5% deposit w/o asking any questions..I cant stop myself laughing.

Another guy claimed that he was an asylum seeker with expert knowledge of the location of hidden Diamonds and Gold in SL. Naturally you cant buy nuffin but a 5% deposit is required to be part of a trustee..wow I never knew refugees were this rich...ripping yarns lot of em...:twirl:

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Mongol, I'm receiving this sort of emails all the time for 2 years already:knockout:

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I get all these scams mails too.

Most of the one's I get are from Nigeria claiming millions of dollars are there waiting for some US person to help them transfer the assets to the US.

I get 3-10 a day.

If all these people have all these MILLIONS ( some 100 million they claim) why is the US sending our tax dollars to these countries??????????

They should be sending their money to help us in the US!!!!!

Rockdoc

mdx

Brilliant_Rock
Scams and fraud are actually very rare in the rough diamond industry.

You will find that experienced, qualified rough dealers connected to the formal diamond industry only deal with properly registered mining companies and rough exporters.

Most African mining companies not contracted to the DTC sell on monthly or weekly tender or alternatively through a bourse to members of the formal diamond industry.

The smaller quantities available from informal mining are usually not worth the trouble.

Where the problems usually occur is when members of the public and so called commodity brokers get visions of grandeur thinking they are going to make it big and then get sucked into schemes run by fraudsters.

Wayne
Melbourne Diamond Exchange.Ltd

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results