shape
carat
color
clarity

Rings don''t fit

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dendon

Shiny_Rock
Recently, seems like my rings are getitng tight (or my fingers are getting fat). I haven''t gained weight so not sure what''s going on, anyone have experience with this?

Signed Fat Fingers
8.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/13/2008 1:13:01 PM
Author:dendon
Recently, seems like my rings are getitng tight (or my fingers are getting fat). I haven''t gained weight so not sure what''s going on, anyone have experience with this?

Signed Fat Fingers
8.gif
Lol Fat Fingers!

I feel your pain as I have been through this, it could be fluid retention possibly. Try drinking more water, it sounds crazy, but if you don''t drink enough water, the body tends to hold onto it, so drinking 2 litres a day may help. Also with this, cut down on salty / sodium- ish foods and see if that helps, this can encourage fluid retention. If the swelling is of a more noticeable, uncomfortable or dramatic nature, see a health pro.

dendon

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the reply, I definitely don''t drink much water. And of course I love salty stuff.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree, definitely up the water intake (this advice coming from a nurser who barely drinks 1/4 the amount you should drink in a day). Also, has the weather changed at all in your area? I know that colder weather makes my rings slip all over the place, and warm weather makes them so snug.

Fat Fingers, lol...I doubt it.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/13/2008 1:19:51 PM
Author: dendon
Thanks for the reply, I definitely don't drink much water. And of course I love salty stuff.
Try upping the water and less salty foods, also DD makes a good point I had forgot, do you live in a warm climate? Could be that too if so.

I hope you soon have slender, elegant fingers once more
nails.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/13/2008 1:25:48 PM
Author: Diamond*Dana
I agree, definitely up the water intake (this advice coming from a nurser who barely drinks 1/4 the amount you should drink in a day). Also, has the weather changed at all in your area? I know that colder weather makes my rings slip all over the place, and warm weather makes them so snug.

Fat Fingers, lol...I doubt it.
That should read "nurse"! I am not a nursing mom at this time, lol!

dendon

Shiny_Rock
Live in Vegas, definitely getting warmer.

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
I wore my rings for 2 years without a problem. In the summer they were a little tight, in the winter they were a little loose. Last September, my ring size went up 1/2. My calves also became bigger (1 inch increase), and my hands looked swollen. I noticed it when I flew to California to stay with my parents for a month. It wasn''t very hot or humid, so it seemed very odd. I had been running more than normal, but my salt and water-intakes hadn''t changed drastically. I went to the doctors in October and they ran blood tests to see if there was something wrong with me, but all the tests came back normal.

I am still jogging every morning (I used to jog from April-Nov, but this winter I decided to keep going), and I drink tons of water. When it''s absolutely frigid, my rings fit normally. But most of the time it''s a bit uncomfortable to wear my 5.5 rings.

Honestly, I think it was the exercise. I haven''t gained weight (in fact, I''ve lost inches off my waistline). But oh, I do hate looking at my newly chubby fingers! My body shape has never fluctuated much in the past since I have always been athletic. My diet hasn''t changed, nor has my lifestyle.

I would love it if my fingers somehow went back to 5.5, but maybe not.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results