shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring Sizing

queenasscher

Rough_Rock
So I've gotten my ring size from that ring of rings that most jewelers carry... but those rings are really thin! My finger measured out to be 5 3/4 but is that going to be my ring size on an engagement ring? Because typical engagement rings are quite thicker than those measuring ones... So my question is, am I better off going with a 6?

Anyone have any advice regarding ring size?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How thick is your Ering shank going to be, and how thick was the sizer? Most places I've gone to have two different sets of sizers - wide and narrow - for just this purpose.

My advice would be to err up, esp if you plan to wear a wedding band adjacent - the extra width once you add the wband will make the set as a whole even tighter. And I loathe tight rings, so...

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Also consider if your hands swell (either when you sleep, exercise, when it's hot). I have a lot of fluctuation so mine are a little bit bigger than what my size was. You can always get it at a certain size and wear it for a while and see (as long as the diamonds aren't all the way around).

queenasscher

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the quick responses! I think that I'll go with the size 6 because I didnt even think about how I'm probably going to wear it with my wedding band! Now I'm thinking maybe I need to get a 6 1/4! Uh oh... :confused:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
You can buy an inexpensive silver ring that matches the thickness of your planned ring, and wear it for a few days to see how it feels.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1313462380|2991651 said:
You can buy an inexpensive silver ring that matches the thickness of your planned ring, and wear it for a few days to see how it feels.

That's a fantastic idea! You get to wear it for a few days, make sure you're comfy with it long-term..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results