shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring size question

malish985

Shiny_Rock
I've tried several rings in size 6 -they all fit well, but this is all in November weather. I've decided to go with ERD to have my setting made - do you think i should stick with 6 or go up to 6 1/8 or 6 1/4 in case my fingers swell in warmer weather or *gasp* my weight fluctuates ( i certainly don't plan on it but .... it does happen :cry: ).

Should mention that my current wedding band is 6.5 and it does move around (its a also a bit wider than 2mm i'm going for). The new ring will be top heavy, so I certainly don't want it to spin.

Thanks for suggestions

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
There is unfortunately no magic perfect size. My rings fit well most of the time, but are a little snug in the summer and can be ready to fly off in the winter. You just have to try and pick an in between size that will fit most of the time.

If you're stacking it with another band, that can change how it fits as well. More bands, or a wider width will make the rings fit more tightly.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dont know if this would work but, what about trying it on when youre fingers are puffier? haha. How would you make them puffier? Wear gloves for a while first? After you take a shower? You are right it will change so I dont think going up an 8th would be a bad idea at all. Some people say you cant even tell that, but I dont know about that. How does your wedding band fit in the summer time?

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
Better for your ring to be a smidge to large than a smidge too small! You can always get a thin spacer (.75mm, 1mm) ring in the proper smaller size and wear it on the knuckle side of your ring when your fingers aren't swollen. It will hardly show but will act as a "stopper". That's what I do because most of my rings are size 8.25 so they fit both left and right ring fingers, but they're often loose on the left hand.

liz

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My rings are very loose ring now and they fit more snugly in the summer. So yes, I would size it larger than what fits now.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results