shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring setting for engagement ring

Con8292

Rough_Rock
Hi experts

I wanted to ask whether Jewellers like Cartier or Harry Winston would make a custom ring and set my diamond in it? I already have a diamond and looking for a jeweler to make a ring for me. Any other recommendations are also welcome

thanks!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi experts

I wanted to ask whether Jewellers like Cartier or Harry Winston would make a custom ring and set my diamond in it? I already have a diamond and looking for a jeweler to make a ring for me. Any other recommendations are also welcome

thanks!

No, they usually won't although it dorsnt hurt to ask. Where are you getting the diamond from?

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
Hi experts

thanks!

Curious why specifically them? They're the elite among the elite and I have a hard time believing they'd be interested in making custom work with outside stones for anyone but the most elite among the elite in society.

There are a lot of fantastic jewelers who would probably love to work with your stone, but might not have the same name cache. Along with not having the name cache, they typically don't have the same pricing... optimism :razz:

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
Neither will do custom work. I suppose unless you are the elite of the worlds elite, but even then it would probably be for only a stone of exceptional significan

If I wanted that quality I would probably start with Victor Canera though iirc outside stones get lower priority in his queue than his own stones. Steven Kirsch in NYC as well.
If the brand is important to your intended, you will have to purchase a complete piece from a luxury house.

Alybird

Shiny_Rock
There are a lot of independent atelier jewelers / master jewelers who do exceptionally fine and exquisite bespoke work. It is just a matter of finding one whose work speaks to you. In my experience, it is worth building a relationship with a gifted and experienced independent jeweler because they will create a profile of your personal tastes as well as work with you to carve out your vision and produce the piece of your dreams.

When you go through specific brands, you typically do not have a lot of creative leeway. It depends though; if prestige and the name is what you're after, then that will of course determine your direction. If you place value in originality & artisanship then you might shop around or visit established jewelers in your area.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results