shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring Rescue Compression Device to remove ring - Anyone tried it?

rungirl

Shiny_Rock
Sorry it ended up having to be cut off, but I'll bet you are relieved to have it done with. I hope your poor finger is feeling OK - looks a bit painful!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what an ordeal!
I'm glad it turned out okay in the end with no damage to your finger.
I have big knuckles, and tight rings will sometimes refuse to go over the bone. It can be scary!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I ended up getting my ring cut off at the fire station this evening. Ring on my finger yesterday and a few hours after removal. They tried the elastic from a face mask first and it did not work. tempImage3QoNDz.png

That poor finger.

Please reconsider wearing your new ring 24x7. At the very least take it off at night. You can just put it on a dish on your nightstand - one second of extra effort twice a day. Just two seconds a day total. Forget the ring, this can’t possibly be have been good for your finger in any way.

donnabrsd

Brilliant_Rock
Makes a change from rescuing stuck cats up trees for the firemen

How is your finger?

Finger is fine, It does not hurt. The only pain occurred then the firemen tried the elastic technique. I do have an indent where the ring sat and puffiness above. I'll continue icing, holding above my head and eating healthier.

The young firemen were so sweet, like they were taking care of their mom or auntie. They even asked when my anniversary was and maybe a new ring should be my gift. I did not tell them it was already in the works. It was easier just saying it was stuck rather than saying I want it off quick so that I can get my new ring.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m sorry your ring needed to be cut off. You tried everything else and that ring was not coming off any other way.
I hope you’ll share pictures of your new setting!

donnabrsd

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry it came down to having to have it cut off but I think you had tried just about everything. I remember your ring; it really is a beautiful ring! Can't wait to see your new reset and hope you can use this setting for a colored stone or something.

After thinking about it, I realized that I "loved" that ring for the first month. Something new and shiny is always fun but thought, why am I trying to save something that I don't have an attachment to. I was hoping to pass it along to someone else since VC rarely sets other stones and I'm pretty confident that VC made mine personally before he had helpers. I am having thoughts about a colored stone, but I think I'd rather purchase a colored stone I like and have a setting made for it instead of looking for a stone to fit the setting. I have a diamond just over 1ct. I may ask David if he can put in the ring perhaps with an addition halo or bezel as a right hand ring.

donnabrsd

Brilliant_Rock
I’m sorry your ring needed to be cut off. You tried everything else and that ring was not coming off any other way.
I hope you’ll share pictures of your new setting!

I'll share when it is finished. It is pretty simple, low set 6 prong solitaire with 5 graduated diamonds on each side.

donnabrsd

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, what an ordeal!
I'm glad it turned out okay in the end with no damage to your finger.
I have big knuckles, and tight rings will sometimes refuse to go over the bone. It can be scary!

I actually don't have a big knuckle. I have a meaty area where the rings sit. It seems by wearing the ring so long, it made an indent and pushed the meat closer to my knuckle creating a muffing top that the ring would not go over.

Last edited:

donnabrsd

Brilliant_Rock
That poor finger.

Please reconsider wearing your new ring 24x7. At the very least take it off at night. You can just put it on a dish on your nightstand - one second of extra effort twice a day. Just two seconds a day total. Forget the ring, this can’t possibly be have been good for your finger in any way.

I'll try. I take my earrings, bracelet and right hand ring off every night so you'd think it would be easy for me. I agree about the ring, that is a big reason why I just had it cut off.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually don't have a big knuckle. I have a meaty area where rings sit. It seems by wearing the ring so long, it made an indent and pushed the meat closer to my knuckle creating a muffing top that the ring would not go over.
Years ago a friend called me in the middle of the night, crying because her ring was stuck and her finger was swollen. She was pregnant, and the ring was a wide band.
So she rushed right over. Her finger was turning purple. I cut it off with my jeweler's saw.
Maybe we jewelry enthusiasts need one of these in the house, just in case!
Screenshot_20220611-082825.png

donnabrsd

Brilliant_Rock
Years ago a friend called me in the middle of the night, crying because her ring was stuck and her finger was swollen. She was pregnant, and the ring was a wide band.
So she rushed right over. Her finger was turning purple. I cut it off with my jewelers saw.
Maybe we jewelry enthusiasts need one of these in the house, just in case!
Screenshot_20220611-082825.png

This is the exact tool they used. Your poor friend, mine was not that bad.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
After thinking about it, I realized that I "loved" that ring for the first month. Something new and shiny is always fun but thought, why am I trying to save something that I don't have an attachment to. I was hoping to pass it along to someone else since VC rarely sets other stones and I'm pretty confident that VC made mine personally before he had helpers. I am having thoughts about a colored stone, but I think I'd rather purchase a colored stone I like and have a setting made for it instead of looking for a stone to fit the setting. I have a diamond just over 1ct. I may ask David if he can put in the ring perhaps with an addition halo or bezel as a right hand ring.
@donnabrsd - I always thought it was a beautiful setting - was there something about it that made you unhappy with it? Just asking as people ask from time to time about halo settings - they add size to the diamond and some extra sparkle. They are not for everyone though - just wondering your thoughts since I see you are resetting in a solitaire setting. Thanks for indulging us!!

donnabrsd

Brilliant_Rock
@donnabrsd - I always thought it was a beautiful setting - was there something about it that made you unhappy with it? Just asking as people ask from time to time about halo settings - they add size to the diamond and some extra sparkle. They are not for everyone though - just wondering your thoughts since I see you are resetting in a solitaire setting. Thanks for indulging us!!

I was never a halo kind of gal and I definitely did not want a halo with the intention of making my diamond appear larger. I had a vision when I got my center diamond upgrade about 12 years ago of a low set solitaire with graduated round diamonds down the sides or solitaire with split shank. Basically, I went to several jewelers and none would do what I wanted. I went to VC and I got the ring I got. Since finding DK, it is so easy. They see my vision without dispute so I finally took the plunge.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was never a halo kind of gal and I definitely did not want a halo with the intention of making my diamond appear larger. I had a vision when I got my center diamond upgrade about 12 years ago of a low set solitaire with graduated round diamonds down the sides or solitaire with split shank. Basically, I went to several jewelers and none would do what I wanted. I went to VC and I got the ring I got. Since finding DK, it is so easy. They see my vision without dispute so I finally took the plunge.

Makes sense - I have never been a halo lover for myself but do admire a pretty halo setting. Sounds like you are finally getting what you had envisioned all along! Sounds like a lovely design - can’t wait to see it!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Donna have you tried going for a super long walk or hike. Something that makes you sweat, a lot. Don’t let yourself get too dehydrated but when I do my long runs that take longer than an hour I sweat a lot, I lose 2-3 pounds just in water weight. My rungs get really lose, I lose at least half a size. If you don’t run, try hiking or walking 1-2 hour at least. Make sure you’re sweating a lot. Just an idea. Hope something works.

it’s funny of different our bodies react. When I do the above my fingers swell up really bad.

I’m so glad you had your ring cut off @donnabrsd. The picture you posted above looks painful. It’s not worth possibly damaging your finger. Please post pictures of your ring when you get your new setting.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m glad your finger is free. Sorry it had to get cut off but you will have your new ring soon. And it sounds like it’s exactly what you wanted.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that ring was on tight! I'm surprised it wasn't uncomfortable. It must have been such a relief to finally get it off.

I hope your new ring is a much larger size and that you take it off every night before bed. That will prevent this from occurring again.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results