shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring price

Prajapat Jillian

Rough_Rock
I found one of those obviously fake Cartier love rings with 52833a and love written at the bottom. I was just wondering if anyone could help me figure out where I can sell it and for how much since I have no intention of keeping it. Thanks in advance!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You found it? If it was a location where you can turn it in to a lost and found center, that's what I'd do.

I don't know how you could sell something you know to be fake, and if it were me personally I'd consider it unethical.

I suggest selling it for scrap metal value.

Welcome to PS, by the way; I see this is your first post.

Prajapat Jillian

Rough_Rock
You found it? If it was a location where you can turn it in to a lost and found center, that's what I'd do.

I don't know how you could sell something you know to be fake, and if it were me personally I'd consider it unethical.

I suggest selling it for scrap metal value.

Welcome to PS, by the way; I see this is your first post.

It's at the hotel I work at, so it'll likely never get claimed.

Yeah I think it might be unethical as well, but, it wouldn't be a bad thing if I got some extra cash from it to go towards schooling. Maybe I'll advertise it as a fake or something.

Thank you! I was a bit surprised when I found out that this website was for jewel and diamond enthusiasts mainly. The name "pricescope" lead me to believe it was going to cover a more general area.

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
@Prajapat Jillian, the help you are asking for is immoral even though you think the extra cash will go towards your "extra schooling". Even if you get away with selling it without admitting it is a fake, I hope your conscience will forever remind you of your not so honest plan.

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
@Prajapat Jillian I apologize that my first response was harsh. But to me honestly means everything, and I just can't agree to selling an item as an original that you know is fake. Maybe I am reading too much into this and you are just trying to sell it "as is" with no intention of claiming that it is an authentic Cartier piece. If this is the case then I am sorry for the severe judgement.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I don't think it's worth much but for a more precise answer, you could go on ebay and search for similar fakes. See what they're asking for those or better yet, click on "sold" items of that type and see what the sellers actually got for them.

Also, I agree with you that there's an ethical issue here, too. There are so many designer fakes of all kinds out there that we tend to forget they are all really theft/fraud (even if they're described as fakes and sold at low prices).

Last edited:
It wasn’t clear to me if this is a fake made with base metals (which has little to no value) or with gold. If it’s the latter (you can get it tested at a pawn shop or something), imo the most ethical thing to do is to sell it for scrap value, because then you’re not perpetuating a fake into the open market. If you do this, shop around to see who will give you the highest melt value - pawn shops are the worst for this so don’t sell it there.

If you do decide to sell it on eBay or something, I think the ethical thing to do there would be to clearly call out that it is a replica. I think a “fair” price would be scrap value + a bit for labour.

m51galaxy

Shiny_Rock
There would be no scrap value for those cheap fakes. They aren't gold. It would be worth no more than $15 - $20 as a replica.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it's base metal then no value.

Prajapat Jillian

Rough_Rock
I didn't intend to sell it claiming it was the real deal. So yeah, I guess I'll just hope someone's looking for a replica, thanks alot guys! Have an amazing rest of your weekends!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results