shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring is finished!

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
I’m so excited. My opal ring - by the amazing David Klass - is done and will be on its way to me shortly!

My thanks to everyone who took time to help me work through the CAD images and design process - especially @whitewave, @Rfisher @ItsMainelyYou @LemonMoonLex @meely @Mrs_Strizzle @T L @fredflintstone @yssie @minousbijoux @elle_71125 @Niel

We have a small pool of giant lotus near us (even though they don’t normally survive our Northeast US winter temperatures) and every season I take hundreds of photos. When the opal arrived, I nicknamed it the lily pad. And thus the references in the finished ring. 30FFDC9A-3EE0-44C5-A650-DB70865C053B.jpeg A9DE9E6D-47BD-4E75-9450-CB5FCFF27640.jpeg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out lovely !

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
It turned out lovely !

Thank you - I have to say David Klass is a gem. He was so patient as the process took much longer than I ever expected - but he and his team hung in there with me through all the twists and turns life threw at us while the ring was being designed. They are amazing!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Wow this is gorgeous! can't wait to get more photos of the side! And finger shots of course

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantastic job - its beautiful, especially the water lily references - they are perfect and unique. :appl:

rosethorn

Shiny_Rock
The side shots of this are so elegant!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
:love: Owah mah werd, it translated fabulously, I mean look at the details!:love::love:
I can't wait for the hand shots, so exciting!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! Gorgeous!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s so beautiful!! Luminous really! Enjoy!

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
It’s so beautiful!! Luminous really! Enjoy!

I’m like a little kid today - I can’t wait for it to arrive and it hasn’t even shipped yet

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it’s stunning.
love the design, classic and elegant.
Just be mindful that as a Welo opal you need to avoid hand lotions and the like.
It’s also not a gem to wear down the beach, or into a pool or spa. As Opal is soft, it’s not a “daily wear” ring, best kept for special occasions.
can’t wait to see your “on hand” photos when you receive it. Opals are just magical.

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
One of my favorite settings!

I love the sense of lotus flower.

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, it’s stunning.
love the design, classic and elegant.
Just be mindful that as a Welo opal you need to avoid hand lotions and the like.
It’s also not a gem to wear down the beach, or into a pool or spa. As Opal is soft, it’s not a “daily wear” ring, best kept for special occasions.
can’t wait to see your “on hand” photos when you receive it. Opals are just magical.

Thank you so much! It’s definitely a special occasion ring to be worn with care. I can’t wait to have it in my hand, though. It looks so beautiful in the photos!

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Argh. It’s shipped but due to the I file fence Day holiday won’t arrive until Tuesday. I’m still checking the front porch

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Argh. It’s shipped but due to the I file fence Day holiday won’t arrive until Tuesday. I’m still checking the front porch

It’s ok to sit and wait on your porch…. I might have basically done exactly that ha ha.

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
And, thanks to predictive spelling, “I file fence Day holiday” in post #24 should read “Independence Day Holiday”. Eyeroll just isn’t enough….

Last edited:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's so gorgeous!! I love, love, love it!

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
The video has been posted on DK’s Instagram:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful opal and the setting Is puuuurfect! congrats and enjoy!!

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful opal and the setting Is puuuurfect! congrats and enjoy!!

Thank you so much. I can’t wait - still checking the front porch even though I know it’s impossible to arrive before Tuesday. DH suggested I start setting up for the photo shoot that will inevitably happen, so I guess that will be tomorrow’s distraction. ;)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results