shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring is done but worried about the Asscher

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Well I caved and decided to look at the picture of the finished ring. I really like the ring but now I am worried about the diamond. The windmills look a lot thiner than I thought they were from the picture and there are wierd black areas in the upper corners. Is this the diamond or the picture? I don''t even know what to do if it is a problem with the diamond. Help
7.gif

MFletcher_03.jpg

Here is the origional picture
DI40X_AGS7021503.jpg

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the idealscope picture. Please reply!!!!

IS_AGS7021503.jpg

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
I''d wait to see the real thing. Pics never do justice.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
I was posting when you posted the idealscope pic. I see what you mean about weird black spots. Asscher experts......Storm.......What do you guys think?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Perhaps it is just the picture, maybe WF could send you a hand shot?

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for responding. We are going to ask for more pictures but they aren''t open untill Monday. I am just worried I am gonna have a coronary by then
15.gif

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
girl.....listen....don't get cold feet. remember my situation with the J....a J for cryin' outloud....my J's not perfectly spec'd out...but, girl, when i saw it...it blew my mind. now, i'm not tellin' ya what to do, but, make very sure you have an understanding with WF. let them know your concern....and, that if for ANY reason at all you're not satisfied, you can send it back for full refund. you'll probably have to pay the shipping tho', and, that's okay....at least you got to see it...

i tell ya this, in the first pic you posted, those 'black' areas also seem to be right where the arms of the prongs are...but, hey, i sure ain't no expert...

hey, too bad these folks don't take the time (yeah, it may take time...) to take some real pics, especially if you request it.....

btw, that's the setting tanya loves.........

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely the same, and definitely gorgeous!
30.gif

Those magnified pictures may have played tricks - it is kind'a easy to forget about the forest (i.e overall shape and size) while nitpicking pattern or what not
6.gif

The ring certainly looks lovely. I would not take these pictures are truly representative because of the unusual diffuse lighting - can't imagine seeing internal reflections like that (black corners) anywhere but the occasional halogen lighted prison basement
14.gif

If you would rather have a different stone, it seems only fair to get to see this one in person first.

Btw. I think the 'windmills' have a name - 'corner breaks' and this stone has them rather small (about 15%, perhaps). Relatively large ones would be over 20 (~26 makes the stone an octagon rather than square).

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the perspective TH and Ana. I think we will ask for more pictures and have it sent to have my bf look at it. Diamond shopping + end of last semester of college = too much stress!! Maybe I should send it to TH and have him take some pictures for me... everything you take pictures of is gorgeous!! My little dog Corona is helping to calm me down. I don''t know what I would do w/o my bf and my dog! And PS
2.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you get to see the real thing?

Nothing wrong with fat corners, but they make up for slightly smaller looking diamonds too... so yours is a lucky find, IMO.

MFletcher_031.JPG

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
i''d love to take the pics!! these wf folks autta help you out....

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
looks yummy to me
the black in the corners is normal asscher contrast.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
it looks good to me, wf will take more natural pictures if you just ask...of course if you don''t like the stone/ring when you get it, you have the return policy correct? don''t worry, if you don''t adore it, you will find another stone!

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Indecisive....it is drop dead gorgeous. Perfect. That setting looks perfect with your stone...the proportions are gorgeous...the asscher is behaving just right.

You are living through the "aaaaaahhhhh!" that I felt too. But as soon as that gorgeous stone is on your hand....look out...perfection.

It looks so darned sparkly and white.... I''m happy for you!

Asschers are a different breed of sparkle, right? At times they are clear and reflect their background...prongs etc...that could be what you are seeing. It is going to be beautiful!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Indecisive, I think it looks awesome, and I''m sure you''ll love it on your hand. It got a yay(!) from storm, so you know it''s a great stone, and it looks perfect in that setting. Extremely classic. Can''t wait to see hand shots!
30.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful asscher! Wait till you see it in person before you make up your mind. I''m sure you will be blown away!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
After a couple hours sleep wanted to comment further.

The size of the windmills in pictures depends on 2 things the focal length and f-stop of the lens its shot with and the lighting.
In the proper lighting the windmills will be more prominent.
The windmills are on the narrow side of the kicken range but not as non-existant narrow as in that picture.
I think you will be pleasantly suprised in person so dont be too quick to hate it yet.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
I love you guys!!! Thank you SO much!!! I feel so much better I can''t even tell you... I really do love the setting and WF has been great... plus my bf has talking about the upgrade policy on his own. I love my asscher but I don''t think I would say no to a bigger one later
2.gif
9.gif
Thanks again for making me feel better!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/1/2006 4:22:49 AM
Author: strmrdr
After a couple hours sleep wanted to comment further.

The size of the windmills in pictures depends on 2 things the focal length and f-stop of the lens its shot with and the lighting.
In the proper lighting the windmills will be more prominent.
The windmills are on the narrow side of the kicken range but not as non-existant narrow as in that picture.
I think you will be pleasantly suprised in person so dont be too quick to hate it yet.
The ''Great Oz'' has spoken.
9.gif

I hope you''re feeling better about your ring now.

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
wallermama.....IMLO (in my lame opinion) yes.....the asschers are quite different from anything i've ever seen. we're used to what a 'normal' diamond looks like....flashy/sparkly..... in the sun the asschers flash....but, what's cool about 'em is that in overcast or inside indirect light you can look into the diamond and see the facets...asschers really are very unique.....IMLO.

inde.....WAY TA GO GIRL!!! i'm tellin' ya, you're gonna love it....it'll sparkle ouside, i promise....hey, remember, get the return policy straight....and, again, don't forget to share with WF your concerns.....you'll do fine.....

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks TH. WF has a great return and upgrade policy so I think we are set. I just can''t wait to see it in person. I have only seen a couple asschers in person, one poorly cut one and one amazing 6ct one. Now my guy just needs to get it, insure it, and propose!!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
I hope it''s all you expect it to be. I know WF will do anything possible to make you happy with your ring. Don''t let your worrying overshadow your proposal. You''ll be kicking yourself later.
2.gif

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks moon river! I am def feeling better now that I know the black in the corners aren''t something that will be seen all the time. I also have no doubts about WF. They have been great! BTW I love the story about your user name! I wish my name had been so meaningful when I chose it!

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
In the month + I''ve been wearing my asscher, I notice all kinds of things that give me heartattacks until I realize it is OK...just normal asscher behavior that is soooo different from other diamonds. So be prepared for that... For example, twice I have been convinced that my diamond is chipped because right near a prong the light refracted in such a way to make a little white sunburst like a chipped/crushed area...., perhaps light was boucing around between the prong and facets, like seeing yourself in a mirror reflecting a mirror so you see a hundred you''s....

Now I''ve calmed down as we''ve gotten to know each other
1.gif
I just enjoy the ride!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2006 2:00:48 PM
Author: wallermama
In the month + I''ve been wearing my asscher, I notice all kinds of things that give me heartattacks until I realize it is OK...just normal asscher behavior that is soooo different from other diamonds. So be prepared for that...
I concur completely. Asschers perform VERY differently than other stones. You''ll see a lot of unexpected stuff happening in there at different angles. It''s "alive" in a way. It''s RARELY gonna be seen in that "perfect" dead-head-on-facets-lined-up state, and NEVER like the SUPER magnified pix.

But it''s really just something to get adjusted to ... sounds like your expectations are running mega-high. Try to tell yourself NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING is as perfect in real life as it is in your head/dreams/imagination ... then when you see your gorgeous ring it''ll SURPASS your expectations & take you on quite, as Wallermama so aptly said, a ride
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results